Fire at Ram Vilas Paswan’s home in Delhi

May 13th, 2009 - 5:09 pm ICT by IANS  

Ram Vilas Paswan New Delhi, May 13 (IANS) Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) President Ram Vilas Paswan Wednesday escaped a fire that broke out in one of the rooms of his official residence here.
Paswan was watching television with his wife in a room at 12 Janpath when he was informed of the fire that broke out in the adjacent drawing room around noon.

“Me and my wife were watching television in the adjacent room, when they informed us about the fire. We came rushing out of the house. If this is the maintenance of the house of a minister then you can guess what will be the common man’s plight,” Paswan said.

He said Congress President Sonia Gandhi called to inquire about the incident and asked about their well being.

The Delhi Fire Services officials said the fire broke out from an air conditioner installed in the drawing room of the house, that is close to Sonia Gandhi’s house.

The fire spread in the room and gutted two cupboards, a sofa set, chairs and many statues kept in the room.

Two fire tenders were pressed into action which doused the flames in half-an-hour. No one was reported injured in the incident.

“The fire may have been caused due to short-circuit in the air conditioner because of overheating in the compressor. It then spread and gutted the drawing room,” said a fire service official.

Related Stories

    Posted in Uncategorized |