Fire at Haldiram outlet in KolkataNovember 19th, 2008 - 3:27 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Nov 19 (IANS) A fire broke out Wednesday morning at a south Kolkata outlet of Haldiram, one of India’s leading sweets and snacks company, officials said. The fire broke out around 9 a.m. at the Haldiram outlet’s storeroom at Exide Crossing.
“It looks like there was a short circuit in the air-conditioner at the store and combustible packing cases caught fire. However, before the fire could spread from the first floor to the restaurant on the ground floor and other parts of the building, the flames were controlled,” a senior fire brigade official told reporters here.
Six fire engines doused the flames by 11.30 a.m.
According to employees, no one was injured in the accident. Losses incurred due to the fire are yet to be estimated.
A fire had broken out at the same Haldiram outlet Aug 28.
- Fire in Kolkata factory, no casualties (Lead) - Dec 20, 2011
- Two fires in Kolkata, no casualties (Lead) - Jan 01, 2012
- Fire in Connaught Place doused, no injuries - Jul 19, 2011
- Fire in central Delhi building, no casualty (Second Lead) - May 23, 2012
- Two fires break out in Kolkata, no casualties - Jun 16, 2012
- Nine injured in fire at coaching institute - May 11, 2011
- Large fire breaks out in Kolkata slum - Mar 05, 2010
- ATM with Rs.30 lakh destroyed in fire - Aug 08, 2012
- Labourer injured in fire in Delhi - Mar 10, 2012
- Haldiram's store catches fire in Kolkata - Aug 28, 2008
- After North Block, minor fire in Shastri Bhawan - Jun 27, 2012
- Fire breaks out in Kolkata shopping mall - Sep 18, 2010
- Fire in Chandigarh market causes losses worth millions of rupees - Apr 25, 2010
- Major fire at multi-storied building in South Kolkata - Mar 29, 2012
- Fire in home ministry, no injuries (Lead) - Jun 24, 2012