Fire at Haldiram outlet in KolkataNovember 19th, 2008 - 3:27 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Nov 19 (IANS) A fire broke out Wednesday morning at a south Kolkata outlet of Haldiram, one of India’s leading sweets and snacks company, officials said. The fire broke out around 9 a.m. at the Haldiram outlet’s storeroom at Exide Crossing.
“It looks like there was a short circuit in the air-conditioner at the store and combustible packing cases caught fire. However, before the fire could spread from the first floor to the restaurant on the ground floor and other parts of the building, the flames were controlled,” a senior fire brigade official told reporters here.
Six fire engines doused the flames by 11.30 a.m.
According to employees, no one was injured in the accident. Losses incurred due to the fire are yet to be estimated.
A fire had broken out at the same Haldiram outlet Aug 28.