Fire at Bengal army ammunition depot, no casualtiesNovember 20th, 2010 - 9:57 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Nov 20 (IANS) A fire broke out at the army ammunition depot in the cantonment town of Binnagudi in West Bengal’s Jalpaiguri district Saturday, but there were no casualties, a defence official said.
The fire has been brought under control, said a defence ministry spokesman here.
The fire, which was detected at 5 p.m., did not cause any damage to any serviceable ammunition.
A court of inquiry has been constituted to probe the cause of the fire and ascertain the damages, the spokesman added.
- Blasts rock Russian arms depot, nearby residents evacuated - May 30, 2011
- Fire breaks out in West Bengal's Panagarh army base - Mar 26, 2010
- Two fires break out in Kolkata, no casualties - Jun 16, 2012
- $140 mn lost in ordnance depot fires - Aug 08, 2012
- Sharjah skyscraper catches fire - Apr 28, 2012
- Fire in Mumbai market, no casualties - Jun 27, 2012
- Soldier dies in Pakistan ammunition depot blasts (Second Lead) - Jul 11, 2011
- Trucks torched, Gorkhaland demand intensifies in Darjeeling (Lead) - Feb 10, 2011
- Three blasts at Pakistan ammunition depot (Lead) - Jul 11, 2011
- Now fire in Bengal bus depot, minister says sabotage - Mar 25, 2012
- Major fire on 10th floor of South Kolkata building (Lead) - Mar 30, 2012
- Now fire in Bengal bus depot, minister says sabotage (Lead) - Mar 25, 2012
- Fire at Army hospital in Delhi - Apr 18, 2011
- Fire engulfs factory in Delhi - May 27, 2012
- Train accident averted in Bengal - Aug 03, 2012