FIR filed against minister for brandishing swordApril 6th, 2009 - 11:02 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, April 6 (IANS) A Madhya Pradesh minister is in trouble. The police have registered a case against him for brandishing a sword at a Hindu procession in the state.
Public Health Engineering Minister Gaurishankar Bisen, who is a senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader, and other participants in a Ram Navmi procession as a part of the tradition brandished swords in Balaghat district, about 450 km from here. The procession was taken out under the auspices of Sriram Mandir Trust.
“The police have lodged an FIR under section 188 of the IPC against the minister and certain saffron brigade activists for violation of prohibitory orders issued under section 144 of the CrPC during elections,” Balaghat police suprintendant Harinarayan Misra told IANS.
Asked why the minister and others have not been booked under the Arms Act, the police officer said the investigations were on.
Bisen was in the news last month for distributing watches to journalists and party workers at a function in Sivni.
Reacting to the police charges, the minister however said, “Mujhe Hindu hone se koi nahin rok sakta (Nobody can stop me from being a Hindu).”
- Now 'Indian Muzahiddin' email claims Delhi blast - Sep 08, 2011
- Shoe attack bid accused sent to judicial custody - Jun 07, 2011
- Salman, SRK war of words continues - Apr 02, 2012
- Child asked to tie minister's shoe laces (Lead) - Jan 21, 2012
- Omar speaks to Khurshid over custodial death - Oct 09, 2011
- Amarnath Yatra: 300 Hindu activists detained in Jammu - Jun 03, 2012
- Graft charges framed against Virbhadra, wife (Second Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Child tying minister's shoe laces raises a stink (Second Lead) - Jan 22, 2012
- Cases of cooperatives to be resolved in open courts: Minister - Jul 21, 2009
- Anger over child tying shoe laces of Madhya Pradesh minister - Jan 21, 2012
- Child tying minister's shoe laces shameful: Kamal Nath - Jan 21, 2012
- Engineer arrested for attempting to bribe minister - May 27, 2009
- Trial judge free to examine Virbhadra in graft case: Court (Lead) - Jan 07, 2012
- Omar's troubles persist -- now over his remedy - Nov 28, 2011
- Controversial Madhya Pradesh minister puts foot in mouth - Mar 21, 2012