Fiona likely to depose in court in Scarlett trial: LawyerApril 14th, 2010 - 1:42 am ICT by IANS
Panaji, April 13 (IANS) Fiona Mackeown, mother of slain 15-year-old Scarlett Keeling is likely to be in Goa to attend her daughter’s murder trial, her counsel said Tuesday.
Speaking to reporters late Tuesday, Fiona’s counsel Vikram Varma said that she would depose before the Goa Children’s Court (GCC) April 16.
“She is likely to depose April 16. I hope her presence will assist the court in establishing certain key facts of the case,” Varma said, adding that she was likely to be in Goa for a week.
The GCC has already heard statements from several witnesses who have narrated how they stumbled upon the body of the British teenager on the morning of Feb 18, 2008, when Scarlett was found dead at Anjuna beach, 20 km from here.
Fiona’s presence is expected to bolster the prosecution, which has named Samson Dsouza and Placido Carvalho as the main accused responsible for sexually assaulting Scarlett and leaving her to die.
- Scarlett's mother to depose in Goa court July 30 - Jul 26, 2010
- Fiona can depose via video conference in Scarlett case: CBI - Apr 05, 2010
- Fiona unable to come for Scarlett's April 16 hearing - Apr 15, 2010
- Scarlett's character being maligned: Fiona - Aug 02, 2010
- Goa home minister, son linked to drug mafia: Scarlett's mother - Aug 02, 2010
- 'Night before death Scarlett was singing, talking about stars' - Jul 29, 2010
- Spanish friend to depose in Scarlett rape case - Apr 02, 2010
- Fiona deposes in Goa court; says police suppressed facts - Jul 30, 2010
- Scarlett Keeling's mother fears being murdered by Goa "drugs nexus" - Aug 03, 2010
- 'Scarlett threatened by local few weeks before death' - Jul 28, 2010
- Scarlett Keeling's killers 'gave her drugs', claims her mother - Aug 03, 2010
- Murdered Scarlett Keeling's mum to appear at the trial of accused - Jul 30, 2010
- Scarlett's diary crucial pages missing: Defence lawyer - Aug 27, 2010
- I don't know if there will be justice: Fiona Mackeown - Apr 19, 2010
- Scarlett rape, murder trial to begin - Mar 19, 2010