Financial loss forces woman to attempt suicideAugust 10th, 2012 - 12:36 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 9 (IANS) A 58-year-old woman, suspected to have suffered financial loss after her house was sealed by civic officials, tried to commit suicide here by taking an overdose of medicine, said police Thursday.
Chandra Thakur attempted to end her life in south Delhi’s Vasant Vihar around 6 p.m. Wednesday.
The woman, who worked in a private school’s administrative department, was rushed to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences where her condition was stated to be critical.
“She informed doctors that her house was sealed by the South Delhi Municipal Corporation without prior information that forced her and her husband to live in a rented accommodation,” said a police officer.
Police were yet to confirm the exact reason behind her extreme step.
Doctors said that she had taken an overdose of medicines, said the police officer.
- International prostitution racket busted in Delhi - May 30, 2012
- Six Uzbek women held for prostitution (Lead) - May 30, 2012
- Two Rajasthan businessmen held for raping Delhi student - Nov 22, 2011
- Three sweepers arrested for molesting married woman - Jul 14, 2012
- Women raped by cab driver in south Delhi - Dec 13, 2011
- Woman's body parts found in Delhi drain (Lead) - Jul 03, 2011
- Woman commits suicide, six held in dowry case - Jun 14, 2012
- Murdered Nepali woman's body found in tank - Jul 26, 2011
- Man held for rape in Delhi hotel - Oct 24, 2011
- Mother of three commits suicide - Oct 18, 2011
- Cook held for sending lewd text messages to woman - Oct 21, 2011
- New Mayor for east Delhi civic agency - May 01, 2012
- Woman's body found in suitcase - May 21, 2011
- Battered baby critical, government offers support (Lead) - Jan 27, 2012
- Spa employee arrested for molesting NRI - Jan 20, 2012
Tags: administrative department, all india institute of medical sciences, chandra, civic officials, doctors, exact reason, extreme step, india institute, medicine, medicines, New Delhi, old woman, police officer, private school, rented accommodation, south delhi, suicide, thakur, vasant vihar