Finance firm’s manager held for heist in own officeMay 21st, 2008 - 3:03 am ICT by admin
Ludhiana, May 20 (IANS) The police Tuesday arrested the manager of a leading private finance company and his industrialist friend in Ludhiana for masterminding a robbery in the former’s office. Gold worth Rs.28 mn and nearly Rs.300,000 in cash was stolen from the high-security lockers of the Muthoot finance company in Miller Ganj here Monday.
The police investigations have now revealed that the company’s officiating manager Ritesh Pillai was behind the robbery in connivance with his industrialist friend Puneet Aggarwal, who is a millionaire.
Pillai did not lock the lockers properly Saturday evening and made other staffers of the company believe that he had locked everything. He came back later to take away the gold and cash, district police chief R.K. Jaiswal said.
After dividing the booty in an upscale city hotel, Pillai and Aggarwal parted ways. Pillai came back to office Monday morning after which the alarm system of the company sounded in its faraway Gurgaon head office.
Company officials in Gurgaon immediately sounded Pillai and asked him to rush to the office.
Pillai continued to help the police in investigations till they turned their probe on him.
“We always knew that it was an insider’s job since there was no forced entry into the office,” Jalandhar range Inspector General Sanjiv Kalra said.
- Muthoot robbery solved, six arrested (Lead) - Dec 02, 2010
- Finance company office looted - May 10, 2011
- Police nab Pune gold-heist robbers - Apr 19, 2012
- Gold finance company robbed - Jun 22, 2012
- Six held for Rs.1 crore robbery in Ghaziabad - Dec 02, 2010
- Six arrested for robbery in Delhi - Jun 16, 2012
- Armed men rob Rs.7.4 lakh in Gurgaon - May 02, 2011
- Ghaziabad cops question firm's staff on Rs.1 crore gold loot - Oct 31, 2010
- Dacoits loot gold worth over Rs.1 crore (Lead) - Oct 30, 2010
- Mastermind of heist at gold loan firm held - Jul 31, 2011
- 18 kg gold looted from Pune office of finance company - Apr 18, 2012
- Gold worth Rs.one crore looted - Oct 30, 2010
- Engineer becomes thief to recover business losses - May 11, 2012
- Five held for cheating finance company - Jan 31, 2012
- Gurgaon family robbed of Rs.2 lakh - Jul 25, 2010