Filmmaker Tapan Sinha on life support systemDecember 16th, 2008 - 7:21 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Dec 16 (IANS) Filmmaker Tapan Sinha, winner of 19 National Awards, is critically ill and on a life support system at a city hospital, a hospital spokesperson said Tuesday.Sinha was admitted to the intensive cardiac care unit at the Calcutta Medical Research Institute (CMRI) Dec 5 with chest infection and acute respiratory problems.
“Sinha’s condition continues to be critical even after 10 days at the hospital. He was put on the life support system Monday,” a hospital spokesperson told reporters.
“We are monitoring his condition 24 hours. His pulse rate is very low and he is responding to medication with much difficulty,” the spokesperson said.
Sinha was conferred the Lifetime Achievement Award by the central government. The 84-year-old filmmaker’s movies have won laurels in international film festivals too.
His films, in Bengali and in Hindi, include “Ankush”, “Uphaar”, “Ek Doctor Ki Maut”, “Safed Haathi”, “Kabuliwala” and “Sagina Mahato”.
- Filmmaker Tapan Sinha hospitalised - Dec 06, 2008
- Filmmaker Tapan Sinha is dead - Jan 15, 2009
- Kolkata film fraternity mourns Tapan Sinha - Jan 15, 2009
- Filmmaker Tapan Sinha gets lifetime achievement award - Jun 20, 2008
- Is Phalke award turning into 'goodbye' honour? - Jan 25, 2010
- Life Time achievement awards conferred on four film personalities - Jun 19, 2008
- Tapan Sinha, remembered for Kabuliwala's tear, is dead (Obituary) - Jan 15, 2009
- Dadasaheb Phalke Award for Bengali director Tapan Sinha - Jul 21, 2008
- President condoles passing away of veteran film director Tapan Sinha - Jan 15, 2009
- 'Films on Tagore Stories' put together for 150th birth anniversary - May 04, 2011
- President, PM condole veteran filmmaker Tapan Sinha's death (Lead) - Jan 16, 2009
- President condoles veteran film director Tapan Sinha's death - Jan 15, 2009
- Dilip Kumar visits ailing Joy Mukherjee - Mar 09, 2012
- Mumbai to host Tagore film festival - May 07, 2011
- Actor-filmmaker Joy Mukherjee critical - Mar 05, 2012