Filmmaker Tapan Sinha is deadJanuary 15th, 2009 - 12:32 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Jan 15 (IANS) Tapan Sinha, the much awarded maker of critically acclaimed films like “Uphaar” and “Sagina Mahato”, died here Thursday after a prolonged illness. He was 84. Sinha, who won 19 National Awards in various categories and was conferred the Dadasaheb Phalke Award for lifetime achievement last year, passed away at the Calcutta Medical Research Institute (CMRI) in south Kolkata where he had been admitted Dec 6.
“Sinha died early Thursday at the hospital. He was suffering from acute bronco-pneumonia and was on life support system,” a hospital spokesperson told reporters.
“His pulse rates were very low and he had stopped responding to medication since Wednesday night,” the spokesperson added.
Apart from winning laurels at home, the veteran filmmaker also won several awards in international film festivals like those in Berlin, Venice, London, Moscow, San Francisco and Locarno.
His films include “Ankush”, “Ek Doctor Ki Maut”, “Safed Haathi” and “Kabuliwala”.
- Filmmaker Tapan Sinha hospitalised - Dec 06, 2008
- Kolkata film fraternity mourns Tapan Sinha - Jan 15, 2009
- Filmmaker Tapan Sinha on life support system - Dec 16, 2008
- Filmmaker Tapan Sinha gets lifetime achievement award - Jun 20, 2008
- President condoles passing away of veteran film director Tapan Sinha - Jan 15, 2009
- Tapan Sinha, remembered for Kabuliwala's tear, is dead (Obituary) - Jan 15, 2009
- Life Time achievement awards conferred on four film personalities - Jun 19, 2008
- Is Phalke award turning into 'goodbye' honour? - Jan 25, 2010
- Dadasaheb Phalke Award for Bengali director Tapan Sinha - Jul 21, 2008
- President condoles veteran film director Tapan Sinha's death - Jan 15, 2009
- President, PM condole veteran filmmaker Tapan Sinha's death (Lead) - Jan 16, 2009
- Tapan Sinha selected for Dada Saheb Phalke award - Jul 22, 2008
- Soumitra Chatterjee named for Dada Saheb Phalke award (Lead) - Mar 21, 2012
- Filmmaker Tapan Sinha to get lifetime achievement award - Jun 19, 2008
- Soumitra Chatterjee named for Dada Saheb Phalke award - Mar 21, 2012