Filmmaker B.R. Chopra deadNovember 5th, 2008 - 12:26 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Nov 5 (IANS) Legendary Filmmaker B.R. Chopra died here Wednesday following prolonged illness. He was 95 years old, a family source said.Chopra died at 8.15 a.m. at his residence in Juhu. His funeral will be held at 4.30 p.m.
A winner of the Dadasaheb Phalke Award, Chopra had made successful films like “Naya Daur”, “Gumrah”, “Humraaz”, “Dhundh”, “Insaaf ka Tarazoo” and “Nikah”.
He is survived by his son filmmaker Ravi Chopra and two daughters Shashi and Neena.
- Legendary filmmaker B.R. Chopra dead (Lead) - Nov 05, 2008
- President Pratibha Patil mourns B.R. Chopra's death - Nov 05, 2008
- B.R. Chopra cremated, Bollywood bids adieu to legendary director - Nov 05, 2008
- On Indian cinema's centenary, wax statue to honour Phalke (With Images) - Feb 17, 2012
- B.R. Chopra - master of socially relevant filmmaking (Obituary) - Nov 05, 2008
- The real 'Anthony Gonsalves' no more - Jan 19, 2012
- Big B mourns death of Anthony Gonsalves - Jan 19, 2012
- B.R. Chopra was Nostradamus of Indian film industry: Biographer - Nov 28, 2010
- Hazarika's last rites Wednesday, a million pay last respects - Nov 08, 2011
- B.R. Chopra was attentive to even spot boys: Dilip Kumar - Nov 05, 2008
- Amitabh Bachchan remembers B.R. Chopra for his humanism - Nov 06, 2008
- B.R. Chopra honoured with 'Phalke Ratna' award - Apr 30, 2008
- Bhupen Hazarika's cremation wish was not met - Jan 13, 2012
- Filmmaker B R Chopra passes away - Nov 05, 2008
- Scenic locales, gas tragedy pull Bollywood to Bhopal - Dec 17, 2010