Fill up all teachers posts by February, court tells Delhi governmentNovember 21st, 2009 - 8:00 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 21 (IANS) Pulling up the Delhi government and the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) for failing to ensure that all teachers’ posts in government-run schools are filled up despite its orders, the Delhi High Court directed them to fill up the vacancies by February, before the new academic session begins.
After admitting the new status report by the Delhi Services Selection Board (DSSB), Justice Rajiv Endlaw asked the government to comply with the earlier orders of the court and file a detailed status report by Feb 23.
Social Jurists, a lawyers group, through their counsel Ashok Agarwal had moved a contempt plea before the high court alleging that the MCD and Delhi government had not abided by the schedule given by the court.
The DSSB in its affidavit stated that the Delhi government is currently short of 6,714 teachers for various posts and the MCD schools are short of 4,500 teachers.
“The zero vacancy deadline had long expired, and till date a large number of vacancies exists,” argued Agarwal before the court.
The high court in March 2007 had directed the MCD to recruit 50 percent of its school principals directly “to improve the supervisory staff”. The MCD, meanwhile, proposed to fill 25 percent posts of principals by direct recruitment.
The high court direction came after the sorry plight of MCD schools was brought to its notice. The MCD had then agreed to implement the order within six months and had also resolved to form recruitment rules.
- Rules for hiring teachers for disabled approved, court told - Oct 10, 2011
- School teachers for disabled: Court questions selection board - Jul 11, 2011
- No special teachers for disabled kids in Delhi - Jun 06, 2011
- Fill vacant seats for poor students in summer vacations: Court - Apr 20, 2012
- Punjab to fill all vacancies of teachers - Apr 02, 2012
- Nursery admissions on course as court reserves order (Lead) - Jan 18, 2012
- Court notice on pre-primary classes in state-run schools - Sep 06, 2012
- Government gets Delhi High Court contempt notice - May 09, 2012
- Frame right to education rules, Delhi government told (Lead) - Nov 09, 2011
- Hasten appointments in transparency panel: Court (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Replace tent classrooms with portable cabins: Court (Lead) - Jan 25, 2012
- Government gets notice on information panel vacancies (Lead) - Dec 14, 2011
- Court questions Delhi government on education of disabled - Jul 10, 2011
- Worthless ex-teachers have no right to re-employment: Court - Apr 01, 2012
- Court notice to Delhi government on pre-school admissions - Nov 02, 2011
Tags: academic session, affidavit, ashok agarwal, contempt plea, court direction, delhi government, delhi high court, direct recruitment, dssb, jurists, municipal corporation of delhi, municipal corporation of delhi mcd, New Delhi, rajiv, recruitment rules, school principals, selection board, sorry plight, supervisory staff, vacancies