Filipina held with heroin worth Rs.20 millionMay 23rd, 2008 - 2:03 pm ICT by admin
Chennai, May 23 (IANS) A Filipina was produced before a local court Friday for allegedly attempting to smuggle two kg of processed heroin worth Rs.20 million in the international market. The police arrested Pariano Fernandez, 30, at Chennai airport late Thursday night as she was about to board a flight to Kuala Lumpur. They claimed she was carrying the drug consignment.
The woman told the magistrate in court that she was handed over a packet by a stranger in New Delhi during a 10-day stay. She was remanded in judicial custody for 14 days.
Customs sources said that Fernandez was the fourth Filipina to be arrested here in the last 30 days on drug smuggling charges. Officials suspected the involvement of an international gang.
- Sharp hike in heroin smuggling across Punjab border - Aug 21, 2012
- Drug dealer gets death penalty - Jan 29, 2012
- Chinese police bust drug ring - Jun 28, 2012
- South African woman held at Mumbai airport - Aug 25, 2012
- Iran busts drug smuggling racket - May 31, 2011
- Six foreigners held with heroin worth Rs.11 crore - Aug 05, 2011
- 61-year-old peddler arrested with drugs worth Rs.3 crore - Jul 13, 2012
- Indian national sentenced to death in Malaysia - Jan 04, 2011
- BSF finds 18 kg of heroin near border in Rajasthan - Jan 23, 2012
- GNLA chief sent to 14 days judicial custody - Aug 26, 2012
- Hashish costing Rs.5 mn seized from Delhi man - Feb 09, 2011
- Three held with drugs worth Rs.40 crore - Jul 10, 2011
- GNLA chief's judicial custody extended by 14 days - Sep 07, 2012
- China executes South African woman for drug smuggling - Dec 12, 2011
- Iran hangs dozens of drug peddlers - Jan 30, 2011