File case against Lalu Prasad, officials: court tells policeMarch 10th, 2009 - 12:00 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, March 10 (IANS) A Bihar court has ordered that the police file a case against Railway Minister Lalu Prasad for the collapse of a railway overbridge under construction in Muzaffarpur district in February. The collapse left four people dead.
The chief judicial magistrate in Muzaffarpur, around 70 km from here, Monday asked the police to register a case against Gunshekharan, general manager of Indian Railway Construction Corporation (IRCON), deputy project manager of the firm A.K. Singh and another company official Rakesh Roshan apart from Lalu Prasad.
The court also directed the police to complete their investigation at the earliest.
Four people were killed Feb 16 when the bridge under construction collapsed at Amgola in the district.
Ashok Kumar Singh, who lost his wife in the incident, had filed a lawsuit Feb 17 against the railway minister and IRCON officials.
- Case against Lalu Prasad, officials after bridge collapse in Bihar - Feb 17, 2009
- Lalu and Mishra appear in CBI court on fodder scam case - Feb 14, 2012
- Lalu, Mishra deny charges in fodder scam case (Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- Three killed as bridge under construction collapses in Bihar - Feb 16, 2009
- Fodder scam case: Lalu to appear in court Tuesday (Lead) - Feb 13, 2012
- Court orders confiscation of former DGP's assets - Feb 01, 2012
- Abducted woman untraced, husband still in hospital - Jul 29, 2012
- Mumbai suburban commuters assured of better facilities (With Image) - Jun 10, 2011
- Charges framed against Lalu, Mishra in fodder scam (Lead) - Mar 01, 2012
- 26 get 1-5 years' jail terms for fodder scam - Feb 02, 2012
- Two government officials shot dead in Bihar - Mar 02, 2012
- Case against Digvijay for calling Ramdev 'thug' - Jun 06, 2011
- Fodder scam: Lalu, Jagannath statements to be recorded - Feb 02, 2012
- Jailed Bihar politician to be awarded Ph.D - Jul 07, 2012
- Fodder scam: Pleas of Lalu, Jagannath Mishra rejected - Aug 18, 2011