Fifth accused in BPO rape case arrestedDecember 7th, 2010 - 1:44 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 7 (IANS) The fifth accused in the rape of a 30-year-old BPO employee in the capital’s Dhaula Kuan area last week was arrested Monday night, Delhi Police said.
Kamru was arrested from Sohna district of Haryana at around 9.30 p.m., police officials said.
Two accused - Shamsad and Usman - were arrested last week from Mewat in Haryana while a third accused, Shahid, surrendered to police in Faridabad in connection with another case and was later found to be involved in the Delhi rape, according to police.
A fourth accused, Iqbal, alias Bada Billi, was arrested from Fatehpur Beri in Haryana Sunday.
On Nov 23 night, the BPO staffer, a native of Mizoram, was abducted by five men and gangraped in a moving goods carrier.
She was abducted soon after being dropped along with another girl, 100 metres from her home, by her office vehicle in Dhaula Kuan area of south Delhi late at night. The men then drove all the way to Mongolpuri in north Delhi and dumped her there after raping her.
- Dhaula Kuan rape: Fourth accused nabbed - Dec 05, 2010
- Delhi BPO rape case: Fifth accused arrested - Dec 07, 2010
- Delhi BPO rape case: Fourth accused arrested - Dec 05, 2010
- BPO rape: Three accused refuse identification parade - Dec 07, 2010
- Northeast MPs to meet Dikshit over gangrape - Dec 07, 2010
- Two held, one surrenders in Delhi's BPO rape case (Lead) - Dec 02, 2010
- Breakthrough in BPO rape case, two arrested (Second Lead) - Dec 02, 2010
- Two nabbed in BPO employee rape case: Delhi Police - Dec 02, 2010
- Delhi BPO gangrape case: Two men arrested - Dec 02, 2010
- BPO employee rape: Rs.1 lakh reward for information on accused - Dec 01, 2010
- Northeast delegation meets Dikshit over women's safety - Dec 03, 2010
- BPO rapped, cab driver held for not dropping woman home - Jan 11, 2011
- Police obtain more clues in BPO employee's gangrape - Nov 30, 2010
- Two arrested in New Delhi's BPO rape case - Dec 02, 2010
- Northeastern students' rally to protest BPO staffer's rape - Nov 28, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,