Fifteen wounded as vehicle slams into crowd in JerusalemSeptember 23rd, 2008 - 4:47 pm ICT by IANS
Jerusalem, Sep 23 (DPA) At least 15 people were wounded late Monday night when a vehicle slammed into a crowd of people in Jerusalem, first aid workers said.Most of the wounded were soldiers, and two were said to be in serious condition.
The driver of the vehicle was shot and killed by a passer-by, and police who rushed to the scene were attempting to ascertain his identity.
According to reports from the scene, the black BMW car mounted a pavement and ploughed into a crowd of pedestrians waiting to cross the road.
The incident occurred near the Old City’s Jaffa gate. It was the third such incident involving a vehicle in Jerusalem since July.
On July 2, four people were killed when a Palestinian took a bulldozer from a building site and went on a rampage through one of west Jerusalem’s main streets.
On July 22, 16 people were injured when another Palestinian construction worker in a bulldozer drove into traffic in central Jerusalem.
- Two injured in new West Bank tractor incident - Mar 09, 2010
- Seven killed in China attack - Jul 31, 2011
- Rain-triggered rockslide flattens Nairobi slum, killing 7 - Apr 05, 2012
- Seven killed in Iraq attacks - Aug 06, 2012
- Mentally ill man hijacks Pune bus, kills 5 - Jan 25, 2012
- Chinese man's mistresses jump into river for BMW - Jan 06, 2011
- Eight killed as car hits pedestrians in Jakarta - Jan 22, 2012
- Nine killed in Iraq attacks - Apr 19, 2012
- Five dead, 18 injured in Pakistan Navy bus bombing (Third Lead) - Apr 28, 2011
- 29 die in Damascus blasts - May 10, 2012
- Pakistan Navy bus bombing leaves three dead, 20 injured (Second Lead) - Apr 28, 2011
- BMW kills two, injures four - May 05, 2012
- Russian priest assaults women in road rage - Sep 06, 2012
- Violent riots erupt in Jerusalem, at least 10 Israelis wounded - Sep 22, 2010
- Pakistani security personnel attacked near 'Osama town' - Feb 23, 2012