Fiery Tait on Test radarOctober 23rd, 2008 - 5:59 pm ICT by IANS
Sydney, Oct 23 (IANS) As Australian fast bowlers are running out of steam on Indian soil, back home Shaun Tait has emerged as a lethal force with a stunning display of express, reverse-swing bowling in domestic competition.Tait, who took a sabbatical earlier this year during India’s tour of Down Under, took five wickets for South Australia that battered New South Wales in last night’s one-day clash in Adelaide.
Tait now has turned from Australia’s forgotten slinger to its white knight option for redemption on the sub-continent, The Daily Telegraph reported.
Australia have desperately started searching for someone who could master the art of reverse swing as pace duo Zaheer Khan and Ishant Sharma did in India’s record 320-run win in Mohali.
And with Brett Lee’s from and fear factor collapsing, Tait might just be in with a chance.
- Tait says 'reverse swing' to be Oz bowlers' weapon during World Cup - Jan 19, 2011
- Tait ready to give England some chin music in Twenty20s - Jan 11, 2011
- No room for both Tait and Lee in Oz WC squad - Jan 14, 2011
- Tait defends Oz selectors' decision of one specialist spinner for World Cup - Jan 19, 2011
- Tait retires from ODIs to focus on T20 career - Mar 28, 2011
- Can India end Australia's dominance in World Cup? (Preview) - Mar 23, 2011
- Akhtar urges Tait not to be obsessed with speed against India - Mar 23, 2011
- India end Australia's World Cup domination; face Pakistan in semis (Roundup) - Mar 25, 2011
- Don't give Aussies even an inch, Donald tells Kiwi bowlers - Feb 24, 2011
- Australia dominate with centuries by Clarke, Ponting (Roundup) - Jan 24, 2012
- Mumbai model captures 'Wild Thing' Shaun Tait's heart - Mar 08, 2011
- Australia beat England by four runs to win in Melbourne Twenty20 - Jan 14, 2011
- Aussies hope to blunt Lanka bowlers in WC clash - Mar 05, 2011
- Australia bat in fourth Test - Jan 24, 2012
- Australia to bat against India, Sehwag replaces Pathan - Mar 24, 2011