Fidel Castro’s book on Colombia reveals new factsNovember 13th, 2008 - 5:10 pm ICT by IANS
Havana, Nov 13 (IANS) A new book by Cuban leader Fidel Castro on Colombia’s leftist groups fighting the government to gain power reveals new facts about the Latin American country and his personal experiences, said EFE news agency Thursday.La Paz en Colombia (Peace in Colombia), which is a personal account by Castro about his country’s link with the leftist movement in Colombia will be released Thursday in the Cuban capital.
The book will contain “for the first time important documents, meetings and Castro’s own experiences” and Cuba’s effort to restore peace to its neighbour, media said.
Cuba has good relations with Colombia and hosted an “exploratory meeting” between the Colombian government and the National Liberation Army, or ELN, guerrillas in December 2005 and in mid-2007 till they were suspended because of disagreements between the parties.
Eightytwo-year-old former president Castro handed over power in July 2006 to his younger brother Raul following a major illness, after nearly 50 years in office and devoted his time to writing the book, among other preoccupations.
Fidel still remains the head of the Cuban Communist Party.
- Fidel Castro turns 85 - Aug 14, 2011
- Cuba, China to enhance military cooperation - Oct 28, 2011
- Castro meets experts to discuss threats to human species - Feb 12, 2012
- Maradona expresses admiration of Castro - Jul 25, 2010
- Raul Castro hints at easing of Cuba's migration policy - Aug 02, 2011
- Ahmadinejad visits Cuba - Jan 12, 2012
- Castro to release first volume of memoirs in August - Jul 28, 2010
- Twitter fuels Fidel Castro death rumor - Jan 05, 2012
- Castro's China visit to help speed up Cuban economy (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Fidel Castro: I was misinterpreted - Sep 12, 2010
- Castro pokes fun at Obama's summit outfit - Apr 10, 2012
- Ex-Cuba strongman Fidel Castro releases his autobiography - Aug 03, 2010
- Chavez heads back to Venezuela - Mar 17, 2012
- Krishna to visit Cuba to further ties - Jun 12, 2012
- Raul Castro secures cooperation commitments in China - Jul 06, 2012