Fearing world’s end, he builds ark with ACSeptember 8th, 2011 - 1:39 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Sep 8 (IANS) A Chinese man is convinced the world will end in 2012, and has hired workers to build an ark like that of the biblical Noah.
The ark being built at a cost of 20,000 yuan (around $3,130) comprises an eight-metre-long tank with a diameter of 2.5 metres. It has three vents, several small windows and is equipped with six wheels so that it could be attached to a truck and moved around, the Shanghai Daily reported.
When the “doomsday floods” strike, the tank would float on water as its doors and windows can be sealed tightly, says the man from Luohe in Henan province.
The tank, which will be able to hold 20 people, is divided into three compartments. The first is a restroom and the second is a storage room that will hold one month’s food supplies and daily necessities. The last compartment is the bedroom.
Air-conditioners, power generators and kitchen appliances would also be installed.
- Evangelical Explorers Discover Noah's Ark On Mt. Ararat - Apr 28, 2010
- Remains of Noah's Ark found in Turkey - Apr 28, 2010
- Theme Park Based On Noah's Ark Coming Up In Kentucky - Dec 11, 2010
- Man scales down high-rise building after lover's tiff - Apr 27, 2011
- 50 mn home appliances sold in China's countryside - Jul 07, 2011
- Tax hikes to hit household budgets - Apr 01, 2012
- Whirlpool introduces new products for larger market share - Mar 22, 2012
- Car exhaust fumes kill Chinese couple - Aug 08, 2011
- Anthony Franzese sues landlord for $21 million over AC accident - Nov 12, 2010
- China to build five-star toilet - Jul 23, 2012
- Samsung India posts $3.5 billion turnover in 2010 - Jan 20, 2011
- Emerson Climate eyes 1.5-tonne split-AC compressor segment - May 23, 2012
- Chinese man wins 259 mn yuan in lottery - Aug 11, 2010
- Technician killed in compressor blast - Apr 06, 2011
- Noah's Ark and Tower of Babel to be built in Kentucky - Dec 03, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,