Father-son duo arrested for duping 100 peopleMarch 7th, 2009 - 4:27 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, March 7 (IANS) A father-son duo in Chandigarh have been arrested for allegedly duping over 100 people of Rs.2.5 million, police said Saturday.
Mohan Lal, 55, a government employee, and his son Tirath Kumar started the Time Cooperative Thrift and Credit company in 2006. They invited investment from people, promising to double the money in just 15 months.
The duo targeted mostly fruit and vegetable vendors and collected monthly instalments ranging from Rs.300 to Rs.1,000, a police officer told IANS.
“When people demanded their money back, the two men started avoiding them. In the meantime, someone came to know that Mohan Lal was selling his house and planning to run away. They informed the police and we arrested them,” the officer added.
- Hooda's ministers not new to crime controversies (News Analysis) - Aug 06, 2012
- Two Punjab women dupe six with lure of Canada - Feb 03, 2011
- Punjab father-son duo booked for cheating youths - Sep 20, 2010
- Punjab trader arrested for duping man of Rs.10 mn - Jun 15, 2011
- Court denies bail to two held in Himachal land racket - Nov 02, 2011
- Goa newspaper's editor, wife arrested for cheating investors - Sep 06, 2012
- Father-Son Duo Receive Death Sentence In Oregon Bank Bombing - Dec 23, 2010
- Three held for duping 500 people of Rs.50 lakh - Nov 16, 2011
- Lottery scam: Five foreigners sent to judicial custody - Jul 17, 2012
- Three held for cheating, launching fake companies - Oct 21, 2011
- Groom, father held for demanding dowry - Nov 25, 2011
- Women arrested for cheating 'husbands' - May 29, 2012
- Huge cash recovered from Fiza's house - Aug 09, 2012
- Railway job racket busted, 5 arrested - Apr 27, 2012
- More cash, jewellery comes out of Fiza's lockers - Sep 13, 2012