Father seeks mercy killing of three mentally retarded sonsJanuary 29th, 2009 - 5:38 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Jan 29 (IANS) Driven by abject poverty, a father in Kannauj district of Uttar Pradesh has appealed to local authorities to permit the mercy killing of his three mentally challenged sons, officials said Thursday.Bheem Sen Kushwaha, who is a farmer in Kanakpur village, has submitted an application for the mercy killing of his teenage sons to the district administration. Kannauj is about 250 km from Lucknow.
“In his application, Kushwaha has stated that he has already exhausted all of his resources in trying to meet the medical expenses of his three mentally challenged sons… so he wants them to be killed,” a revenue official told IANS on phone.
Kushwaha, 55, said in his application that he is only left with his thatched hut, having sold off his small piece of land and other belongings like brass utensils for the treatment of his sons who have been mentally challenged since birth.
Kannauj District Magistrate S.V.S. Rangarao told IANS: “We will try our best to provide the necessary treatment to Kushwaha’s sons. For this, we have also initiated talks with members of various NGOs.”
- Man hammers two minor daughters to death in UP - Jun 09, 2012
- Dimple collects victory certificate, thanks voters - Jun 12, 2012
- No to euthanasia, parents now seek help for kids - Mar 18, 2011
- 'Kidnapped' man challenges Dimple Yadav's election to Lok Sabha - Sep 12, 2012
- Two killed in fireworks factory blast in UP - May 28, 2012
- Three of family murdered - Dec 01, 2011
- Farmer immolates self to protest land acquisition - Jan 29, 2011
- Couple seeks mercy killing along with five blind sons - Apr 16, 2010
- Ex-Mayawati aide claims threat from minister - Nov 19, 2011
- Bihar parents seek mercy killing for two sons - Mar 09, 2011
- Child rights body to visit Lucknow - Jun 24, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh's fifth rape case in a day (Lead) - Jun 21, 2011
- Four more rape cases, attack on women reported in UP - Jun 20, 2011
- NRHM scam: CBI raids 45 places, ex-BSP man under scanner - Jan 04, 2012
- All eyes on Lucknow in fourth phase of UP polls - Feb 18, 2012