Father rapes daughter in west DelhiMay 19th, 2012 - 5:23 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 19 (IANS) In a shocking incident, a 14-year-old girl was allegedly sexually assaulted by her own father in west Delhi, police said Saturday.
The girl filed a complaint four days ago that she was raped by her father, Ramashre, around three months ago when she was alone at home.
“She was sexually assaulted by the accused several times. Four days ago she reported the incident to one of her neighbours, who approached the Crime Against Women (CAW) cell along with the victim, and a case was registered,” said a police official.
The girl could not muster courage to tell anyone as the accused had threatened her of dire consequences.
The victim was taken to a government hospital for medical examination where doctors confirmed rape, police said.
A hunt is on to nab the accused who is absconding.
The victim, who is the eldest of five siblings, resides at west Delhi’s Shahbad Dairy along with her parents.
- Niece raped by uncle in Delhi - Apr 20, 2012
- Youth arrested for gang rape in Delhi - Aug 29, 2012
- Two minors gang raped in the capital - Feb 11, 2012
- Minor girl rescued, kidnapper held - Jun 18, 2011
- No headway in Delhi rape case - Jul 07, 2011
- Two minors raped in Delhi - Jul 10, 2012
- Youth arrested for raping minor - Mar 24, 2012
- Two more rape cases reported in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 25, 2011
- Minor gangraped, one arrested - Jan 28, 2012
- Minor gangraped in moving van, one held (Lead) - Jul 05, 2011
- Minor raped by teenaged neighbour - Feb 13, 2011
- Two held for Assam girl's gang-rape in Delhi - Sep 12, 2012
- 22-year-old maid raped by employer, two others - Jun 22, 2011
- Two held for attempting to rape 11-year-old - Feb 01, 2011
- Minor killed after rape - Mar 06, 2012
Tags: consequences, courage, delhi police, doctors, father rapes daughter, government hospital, medical examination, neighbours, New Delhi, old girl, parents, police official, rape, rapes, several times, shocking incident, siblings, three months, west delhi