Father kills three minor daughters in Uttar PardeshJuly 6th, 2010 - 12:20 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, July 6 (IANS) Unable to deal with his poverty, a father slit the throats of his three minor daughters in Uttar Pradesh’s Varanasi district early Tuesday, police said.
Ahmad, 40, killed his three daughters, aged between 6-14 years, in his house at Kamauli village, about 300 km from here.
Ahmad has confessed to his crime. Suspecting the involvement of his wife Sitara in the killings, police have also arrested her.
“Preliminary investigations indicate that poor financial conditions drove Ahmad to kill his daughters. He worked at a small stationery shop and was not able to look after his family properly,” police inspector Ramayan Singh said.
“We have learnt that Ahmad used to tell his neighbours that he would kill his daughters if his financial condition did not improve,” Singh said.
- Three of family murdered - Dec 01, 2011
- Woman attempts suicide after killing her kids - Feb 04, 2011
- Woman immolates self, kids - Sep 29, 2010
- Four held for murdering fruit seller (Lead) - Jan 17, 2011
- Man poisons wife, daughters, hangs himself - Sep 21, 2010
- Guard confesses to murdering Mumbai lawyer - Aug 10, 2012
- Woman kills kids, self in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 18, 2011
- Valentine's Day fallout: Agra boy killed by classmates - Feb 17, 2012
- Retired banker found murdered in Kanpur - Apr 16, 2011
- Guard confesses to murdering Mumbai lawyer, act premediated: Police (Lead) - Aug 10, 2012
- Three of family murdered in Mathura - May 11, 2011
- Four dead as man poisons family, self (Lead) - Aug 21, 2010
- One held in Mumbai multiple murder case - Jun 23, 2011
- Two women, teen murdered in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 09, 2010
- Man held for killing daughter, her lover - Nov 16, 2011
Tags: ahmad, early tuesday, investigations, killings, minor daughters, neighbours, pardesh, police inspector, poverty, ramayan, sitara, slit, stationery shop, three daughters, uttar pradesh, varanasi district