Father hacks two kids to death in UPMay 18th, 2012 - 3:52 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, May 18 (IANS) A 40-year-old mentally-ill man Friday hacked his two children to death and critically injured the other two before shooting himself in Bhimnagar district of Uttar Pradesh, around 275 km from here.
Police said the assailant had a “psychiatric record”.
The man, identified as Kailsah, got up early in the morning and attacked his four sleeping children with a sharp farming tool. By the time his wife could overpower him, he had killed his daughter and son, aged 12 and 14. Two other children - 16-year-old Parveen and 14-year-old Dinesh Dinesh - were critically injured in the assault, according to police.
The wife told police that after carrying out the assault, the man took out a country-made pistol and shot himself. He died on the spot.
The four children were rushed to the Aligarh city hospital, where two of them were declared dead, while the other two were battling for their lives, police said.
The wife of the assailant told police that her husband had undergone psychiatric treatment many times in the past.
- Man kills wife for not feeding daughter - May 11, 2012
- Man kills wife and three children, then himself - Sep 06, 2012
- Two killed in hospital firing, cops suspect business enmity (Second Lead) - May 19, 2011
- Not invited to dinner, man kills neighbour - Jun 29, 2012
- Ex-CRPF trooper goes berserk, kills seven in Andhra (Lead) - Dec 02, 2010
- Man shot dead by colleague - Jun 26, 2011
- 'Property, love, depression behind shooting spree' - Sep 08, 2012
- Man killed while resisting robbery in Delhi - May 16, 2012
- Defeated candidate chops off rival's hand in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 31, 2010
- Four killed in mysterious Delhi shooting spree - Sep 07, 2012
- Ex-CRPF trooper goes berserk, kills seven in Andhra - Dec 01, 2010
- Two people kill self in outer Delhi - Jan 29, 2011
- Capital rage continues: Man killed after quarrel over liquor - Jan 14, 2011
- Ghaziabad chain snatcher shoots himself while fleeing - Mar 18, 2012
- Delhi woman poisoned by husband for giving birth to girl - Apr 20, 2012