Father arrested for killing daughterJuly 24th, 2010 - 11:54 pm ICT by IANS
Hoshiarpur (Punjab), July 24 (IANS) A man in Dasuya town of Punjab’s Hoshiarpur district was arrested for allegedly killing his daughter in a suspected case of honour killing, police said Saturday.
Police officials said, the victim, Gurjit Kaur, 20, was first strangulated to death by the father and then given electric shocks to make it appear as a case of electrocution.
The accused, Sher Singh, was arrested following a complaint by his wife Paramjit Kaur.
The wife told the police that Sher Singh was infuriated that his daughter called a young man, Gagandeep Singh, to their house late Friday while the couple (father and mother) were away.
Dasuya is 190 km from Chandigarh.
- Father arrested for daughter's honour killing (Lead) - Jul 25, 2010
- More arrests likely in Punjab honour killing - Jul 25, 2010
- Dowry death: Four booked in Punjab - Jul 01, 2011
- Punjab man gets death for burning two sons to death - Sep 18, 2012
- Son arrested for killing father over property dispute - Jun 26, 2012
- Elderly couple murdered in Punjab town - Feb 20, 2012
- Woman killed in Punjab for bearing daughters - Apr 17, 2012
- BJP MLA in Punjab dies of heart attack - Jun 03, 2012
- Parents kill three kids, themselves over property dispute - Sep 14, 2012
- Badal government's lone woman minister convicted, jailed (Roundup) - Mar 30, 2012
- Man posing as Punjab chief minister's aide nabbed - Feb 09, 2011
- Jobless man kills wife on being asked for money - May 22, 2011
- Hooch kills 12 in Punjab, two held (Third Lead) - Oct 28, 2010
- Police rescue kidnapped NRI, one held - Aug 14, 2010
- Minister jailed for conspiracy in daughter's death (Second Lead) - Mar 30, 2012