Fashion technology institute to be functional next yearDecember 27th, 2008 - 7:17 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Dec 27 (IANS) The National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) branch slated to be set up in Himachal Pradesh’s Kangra district would start its admission process from August next year, an official release said Saturday.”The NIFT would start its first batch from August next year,” the release said.
Textile Minister Shankarsingh Vaghela would lay the foundation stone of the institute at Chheb village near Kangra town Jan 23.
The state government has provided 10 acres free of cost for setting up the institute. It would also contribute Rs.580 million (Rs.58 crore).
The proposed site has been selected by a team of experts headed by NIFT director-general Rajiv Tarku.
The fashion institute would help provide global exposure to hand-knitted woollens by state rural craftsmen like shawls, stoles, mufflers, socks, gloves, pullovers and caps, Kangra paintings, Chamba rumal (handkerchief), and jewellery items.
- Fashion institute branch in Himachal to start doctorate degrees - Aug 05, 2009
- Himachal to set up 'Grameen Haats' to help artisans - Nov 29, 2010
- Himachal woollens get good response at ITF - Nov 27, 2011
- Himachal exhibits artefacts at trade fair - Nov 17, 2011
- Himachal pavilion to have 60 stalls at trade fair - Nov 12, 2010
- Himachal reviving Chamba art forms - Oct 30, 2011
- Himachal offers discounts on woolens, handicraft items - Oct 31, 2010
- Now buy Himachal handicrafts through e-shopping - Jan 18, 2010
- Himachal to promote artefacts in foreign shores - Dec 20, 2008
- Himachal to promote handicrafts in Karnataka - Jul 28, 2012
- Now, a course in Kangra miniature paintings - Apr 03, 2012
- Himachal's Kinnaur weavers to benefit from trademark - Oct 20, 2010
- Himachal to get 50 rare miniature paintings - Jun 03, 2009
- NIFT to collaborate with US fashion technology institute - Oct 18, 2011
- Handkerchief art gets legal protection in Himachal Pradesh - Nov 13, 2008