Fashion shows to be cut short on Karva ChauthOctober 10th, 2008 - 7:02 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 10 (IANS) The late night schedules of two major fashion events this month have been cut short thanks to Karva Chauth - when Hindu wives fast all day for the wellbeing of their husbands - falling right in the middle of the two big shows - the Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (WIFW) and the Delhi Fashion Week (DFW).While DFW will run Oct 14-18, the Fashion Design Council of India (FDCI)-organised WIFW will run Oct 15-19. Karva Chauth falls on Oct 17.
“There are some festivals for which we don’t know the date in advance and Karva Chauth is one of them. The dates for fashion week were already decided. When we came to know Karva Chauth is falling in between our dates, we adjusted the time and shows,” FDCI President Sunil Sethi told IANS.
In fact, designer Payal Jain’s WIFW show was scheduled at 6:30 p.m. on Oct 17 but has now been rescheduled for the next day.
On all the other days of both fashion weeks, barring Karva Chauth, the last show of each day had been scheduled to begin at 9 p.m.
Now, on Oct 17, WIFW will hold its last show at 6 p.m. and at DFW, the last show is scheduled for 5 p.m.
- WIFW widens horizon - fuses fashion with social cause (IANS Preview) - Feb 14, 2012
- Japanese designers to showcase at WIFW - Feb 07, 2012
- WIFW Autumn/Winter 2012 to start Feb 15 - Dec 02, 2011
- 138 designers to participate in WIFW autumn-winter 2012 - Jan 27, 2012
- Delhi's couture week to take place July 15-18 - May 14, 2010
- Shantanu-Nikhil to open WIFW 2012 - Jan 31, 2012
- WIFW to continue with fashion quiz - Apr 04, 2011
- 63 designers finalised for WIFW spring/summer edition - Sep 14, 2012
- Tarun Tahiliani to present WIFW grand finale - Sep 29, 2010
- Business, not Bollywood, in focus at WIFW: FDCI chief - Oct 07, 2011
- If Deepika Padukone has a Christian wedding - Oct 11, 2011
- WIFW first day shows cancelled over fire safety - Mar 24, 2010
- Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week begins Oct 23 - Sep 20, 2010
- WIFW Autumn-Winter 2011 to start April 6 - Dec 16, 2010
- WIFW gets grander with bigger venue, 115 designers - Oct 22, 2010