Fashion exhibition to be held at night in KolkataNovember 27th, 2008 - 12:15 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Nov 26 (IANS) A fashion exhibition will be held at night Dec 5 in Kolkata so that “men can participate and enjoy after their hectic office schedule”, an organiser said Wednesday.Thirty-two designers from across the country will come together for the 6th Stylefile Exhibition to be organised by Preeti Goenka and Sumedha Saraogi.
“Since 2007, we have deliberately kept the one-day event time from 4 p.m. till midnight so that not only women but also men can participate and enjoy the Stylefile fashion exhibition-cum-sale after their hectic office schedule,” Goenka told reporters here.
“This is the city’s first and only night-time fashion exhibition.”
She said the exhibition is an initiative to make the country aware of Kolkata’s growing inclination towards fashion.
“Kolkata was nowhere on the fashion map of India until a few years back. That is why we decided to start this exhibition here and slowly make it big to let others know Kolkata is also fashionable,” she added.
Besides the Fall and Winter Collection, the exhibition will display designer wears, fashion accessories, jewelleries, paintings, home décor and object d arts. It will be held at Alipore in south Kolkata.
Participants include designers Anamika Khanna, Kiran Uttam Singh, Sabyasachi, Rohit Gandhi and Rahul Khanna, Raymond Manekshaw, and Udit Dhanuka and artists Shuvaprasanna, Vinod Daroz and Yugal Kishore Sharma.
The organisers plan to take the exhibition to Delhi, Bangalore and Hyderabad in 2009.
- Lifestyle event to showcase designs, sculptures - Nov 18, 2010
- Sonam's supports fashion for a cause - Mar 13, 2012
- WIFW kicks off, creatively done up venue surprises guests - Apr 06, 2011
- Kolkata prison first to house permanent art gallery - Feb 19, 2012
- Designers work overtime, say WIFW important for business - Apr 01, 2011
- DCW puts spotlight on opulence, grandeur and business (Preview) - Aug 07, 2012
- India's first field marshal Sam Manekshaw remembered - Apr 03, 2012
- In summer of peace, Pakistani designer wear wows Kashmir (With Images) - Jun 12, 2012
- In summer of peace, Pakistani designer wear wows Kashmir (Lead)(With Images) - Jun 12, 2012
- Designers happy as business takes front seat at WIFW (Review) - Apr 11, 2011
- Wah Taj! Unique project on monument to be launched soon - Mar 21, 2012
- Now, watch Lakme Fashion Week live online - Feb 24, 2011
- Sonakshi walks ramp for J.J. Valaya at LFW - Mar 06, 2012
- Delhi to host Pakistani lifestyle expo - Apr 04, 2012
- Brett Lee walks the ramp at Delhi Couture Week - Jul 26, 2010