Farooq sings Ram bhajan, enthralls his audienceNovember 4th, 2008 - 6:37 pm ICT by IANS
Rampur (Uttar Pradesh), Nov 4 (IANS) Farooq Abdullah, former chief minister of Jammu and Kashmir, sang bhajan (devotional song) “Kis Gali Gaye Mere Ram” (where has my Ram gone) and with his melodious rendition left a mammoth audience moved at Kalki Nagar of Sambhal town, near here. Devotees from far-flung areas had assembled there Monday to participate in a yagna. Those present recalled that Farooq’s father Sheikh Abdullah also had once on the occasion of Shivratri paid obeisance to Lord Shiva, and said “Shiva is an eternal power”.
At Kalki Nagar, Kalki Mahotsav was organised to pray for “peace and elimination of terrorism from the world.”
Among others who participated in the prayers and other religious deliberations were Goa Chief Minister Digambar Kamath, Union Minister of State for Food Processing Subodh Kant Sahay, Indian National Lok Dal’s chief Ajit Singh.
Speaking on the occasion, Farooq Abdullah urged the people to refrain from raising slogans like “Islam in danger” or “Hindutva in danger”. He stressed the need “to be able to see god by searching Ram in the eyes of Muslims and Khuda in the eyes of Hindus.”
Union Minister Subodh Kant Sahay assailed sadhus’ entry into political arena, and said this was the cause for diminishing ideals and values nourished by the great founders of religions.
- Denied bypoll ticket, Jharkhand Congress leader joins BJP - Jun 06, 2012
- Denied bypoll ticket, Jharkhand Congress leader joins BJP (Lead) - Jun 06, 2012
- Farooq Abdullah hospitalised, out of danger - Apr 15, 2011
- Syed Ahmad is new Jharkhand governor - Sep 04, 2011
- BJP is maligning me: Subodh Kant Sahay - Aug 31, 2012
- Subodh Kant Sahay denies involvement in coal allocation (Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- Sorens ignored at National Games: JMM - Feb 15, 2011
- Apologise, Anna supporters tell Sahay - Aug 22, 2011
- Anna supporters in Jharkhand demand Sahay's apology (Lead) - Aug 22, 2011
- Pinjore heritage festival begins Dec 2 - Nov 20, 2011
- UP to develop Buddhist, Sufi and Hindu religious circuits - Jul 21, 2012
- Whom to support for Hatia by-poll? JMM to decide May 28 - May 26, 2012
- Saving tiger, tourism can go on together: Sahay - Jul 29, 2012
- 720 tourism projects sanctioned - Aug 19, 2011
- Ramdev begins anti-graft fast - Jun 04, 2011