Farooq hospitalised, discharged after three hours (Lead)April 15th, 2011 - 3:52 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, April 15 (IANS) Union New and Renewable Energy Minister Farooq Abdullah was admitted to a hospital here Friday after he vomited. He was discharged after three hours with doctors advising him not to travel much at least for the day.
Abdullah emerged from the Gandhi Nagar Hospital, where he was admitted after he had a bout of vomiting, and walked straight to the waiting horde of media persons.
“There was a problem. I vomited and was brought to hospital. Now I am better. But I have been advised by doctors not to travel back to Delhi, so I am going home,” he said.
As a parting shot, the 73-year old National Conference president and three-time chief minister of Jammu and Kashmir said: “Abhi to main jawan hoon (I am still young).”
Abdullah, who arrived from Delhi Friday morning, complained of uneasiness and started vomiting. He was rushed straight to Gandhi Nagar Hospital.
Madhu Khullar, the superintendent of the hospital, immediately later told IANS the union minister was on drip. “It appears to be dehydration caused by gastric problem.”
Doctors attending on him, however, said the former Jammu and Kashmir chief minister was “out of danger”.
Abdullah was to attend the wedding of a close relative of union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad.
Azad was among the first to arrive at the hospital. Abdullah’s son, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, and his ministerial colleagues also rushed to the hospital.
- Farooq Abdullah hospitalised, out of danger - Apr 15, 2011
- Omar faces criticism from allies, opposition alike - Mar 26, 2012
- Omar shocked by photos of monkey on hospital bed - Jul 05, 2012
- 'Coalition politics future governance mantra in India' - May 02, 2012
- Congress lambasts Omar for acting in 'arbitrary manner' - Oct 27, 2011
- Rahul promises equal development of Kashmir - Sep 28, 2011
- Azad backs Omar on AFSPA's partial removal - Nov 10, 2011
- Kashmir Congress infighting reaches new high (Kashmir Newsletter) - Feb 03, 2012
- Omar now tweets on PM, weather - Mar 04, 2011
- Omar orders suspension of power to VVIP homes in Srinagar - Jan 07, 2012
- PM arrives in Leh - Aug 17, 2010
- Azad lambasts National Conference, PDP alike - Apr 19, 2012
- Omar lauds Rahul reaction to shoe throwing - Jan 23, 2012
- Omar for denotifying disturbed areas in Kashmir - Dec 02, 2011
- Farooq backs 'boss' Omar on AFSPA - Nov 17, 2011
Tags: chief minister, conference president, dehydration, drip, energy minister, friday morning, gandhi nagar, ghulam nabi azad, health minister, horde, jammu and kashmir, jawan, kashmir, madhu, media persons, ministerial colleagues, problem doctors, renewable energy, union minister, vomiting