Farooq Abdullah orders in-house probe into JKCA fund scamApril 12th, 2012 - 10:08 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, April 12 (IANS) An in-house probe by a four-member team was ordered Thursday by Jammu and Kashmir Cricket Association (JKCA) president Farooq Abdullah into the multi-crore fund scam in the cricket body.
“JKCA president, Dr. Farooq Abdullah today nominated four members of the association’s working committee to carry out an in-house probe into the reported misappropriation of funds,” sources in the association told IANS.
“Four members namely Amarinder Singh Micky, Muhammad Ashraf Bhat, Ashinder Koul and Sham Kalkotra have been entrusted with the job to probe the reported misappropriation and submit their report.
“The in-house probe will also identify genuine and fake representatives of various cricket clubs in the state with whose representation the JKCA working committee is formed,” sources in the association told IANS.
In another related development, Abdullah also ousted the JKCA chairman, Muhammad Aslam Goni against whom majority of the association’s working committee members had expressed resentment for allegedly messing up affairs of the association.
Goni had recently been deputed by the BCCI as team manager with the Indian cricket team for its T20 match with South Africa in Johannesburg.
A multi-crore fund scam was unearthed in the JKCA two months back.
The JKCA receives huge funds from the BCCI for development of cricket infrastructure in the state.
The association has already lodged an FIR with the local police against its former treasurer and general secretary alleging that the duo had been responsible for swindling large sums of money from the association’s bank accounts.
- JKCA internal probe clears Abdullah of hand in scam - Jul 18, 2012
- 'Farooq doesn't handle J&K; cricket finances' - Mar 12, 2012
- JKCA members want Farooq Abdullah to order CBI probe - Mar 21, 2012
- I will quit politics if graft charges proved: Farooq - Mar 27, 2012
- Ruckus in Kashmir assembly over cricket scam - Mar 13, 2012
- PDP demands CBI probe into Kashmir's cricket scam - Mar 12, 2012
- Kashmir cricket body lodges report with police - Mar 10, 2012
- Centre will bring Lokpal bill: Farooq Abdullah - Mar 24, 2012
- BCCI lodges complaint against Lalit Modi - Oct 13, 2010
- BSP runs for cover as skeletons tumble out (News Analysis) - May 17, 2012
- MCA bans Shah Rukh from Wankhede; experts call it a rare decision (Roundup) - May 18, 2012
- T20 Cricket League kicks off in Kashmir - Apr 19, 2010
- Why should Modi go, asks Abdullah - Apr 20, 2010
- 'Decide impeachment in accordance with conscience' (Second Lead) - Aug 17, 2011
- Arrest of cricketers in Bangalore shocks valley - Oct 18, 2009
Tags: bcci, bhat, cricket association, cricket clubs, crore fund, dr farooq abdullah, general secretary, goni, indian cricket team, jammu and kashmir, koul, member team, micky, misappropriation of funds, muhammad ashraf, muhammad aslam, president dr, related development, sham, working committee