Farooq Abdullah hospitalised, out of dangerApril 15th, 2011 - 2:50 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, April 15 (IANS) Union New and Renewable Energy Minister Farooq Abdullah, who reached here Friday to attend a function, was hospitalised after he vomitted. He is out of danger, doctors said.
Farooq Abdullah, who arrived from Delhi, complained of uneasiness and started vomiting. He was rushed straight to Gandhi Nagar Hospital here.
Madhu Khullar, the superintendent of the hospital, told IANS: “He is on drip and we are checking all other parameters. It appears to be dehydration caused by gastric problem.”
Doctors attending on him said the former Jammu and Kashmir chief minister was now “out of danger”.
Farooq Abdullah was to attend the wedding of a close relative of union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad.
Azad was among the first to arrive at the hospital. After visiting Farooq Abdullah, he told mediapersons that he “is stable and currently on drip, but would soon be discharged.”
Farooq Abdullah’s son, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and his ministerial colleagues also rushed to the hospital.
- Farooq hospitalised, discharged after three hours (Lead) - Apr 15, 2011
- Hooda discharged from hospital - May 17, 2012
- Azad, Abdullah condole death of Sathya Sai Baba - Apr 24, 2011
- Congress lambasts Omar for acting in 'arbitrary manner' - Oct 27, 2011
- Azad backs Omar on AFSPA's partial removal - Nov 10, 2011
- Omar faces criticism from allies, opposition alike - Mar 26, 2012
- Leh tragedy toll 121, no foreign tourist dead or missing (Third Lead) - Aug 07, 2010
- Leh floods toll rises to 132, all foreign tourists safe (Fourth Lead) - Aug 07, 2010
- Leh death toll 117, Azad arrives with medical team (Lead) - Aug 07, 2010
- Leh tragedy toll 120, Indian Airlines ferrying out tourists (Second Lead) - Aug 07, 2010
- 'Farooq doesn't handle J&K; cricket finances' - Mar 12, 2012
- 'Coalition politics future governance mantra in India' - May 02, 2012
- Azad brokers peace in Kashmir town - Oct 15, 2011
- PM arrives in Srinagar - Jun 07, 2010
- Three killed, 30 injured in Kashmir accident - Apr 18, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,