Farmer arrested with 12 kg opium in DelhiJune 27th, 2012 - 10:06 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 27 (IANS) A 28-year-old farmer from Madhya Pradesh who trafficked drugs for clients in Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Delhi was arrested with 12 kg of opium worth Rs.12 lakh here, police said Wednesday.
Narsingh Ballai, resident of Mandsaur in Madhya Pradesh, was apprehended from north Delhi’s Jahangirpuri Tuesday, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Crime and Railways) Sanjay Kumar Jain said.
“He is a farmer. He has been working as a courier to supply opium and heroin for local drug-traffickers Daler Singh and Balu Singh on commission basis. He used to traffic the drugs to Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Delhi based clients,” said Jain.
The cost of 12 kg opium is about Rs.12 lakh in the market, police said.
- Three drug traffickers held - Jul 11, 2011
- Man held for drug trafficking - Sep 16, 2011
- Man held with opium - Apr 18, 2011
- One held with drugs - Nov 08, 2011
- Three held with 45 kg of opium - Jul 01, 2011
- Drugs worth Rs.93 lakh seized, four heldin Delhi - Jul 30, 2011
- Opium worth Rs.50 lakh seized, one held - Dec 30, 2010
- Three drug peddlers held with Rs.1 crore smack - Jan 12, 2011
- Rs.5 crore-worth assets seized from Madhya Pradesh sub-engineer - Dec 15, 2011
- Two held with opium in Delhi - Jun 02, 2012
- Man held with 23 kg opium in Punjab - Jul 11, 2011
- Mother of three held for drug peddling - Jun 12, 2012
- Police rescue children from traffickers - Mar 11, 2011
- Drug peddler held with Rs.20 lakh cannabis - Jan 06, 2011
- Two drug peddlers held with heroin worth over Rs.1 crore - Jan 29, 2011
Tags: balu, commission basis, commissioner of police, deputy commissioner, drug traffickers, drugs, heroin, jain, june 27, lakh, mandsaur, New Delhi, north delhi, opium, police crime, railways, sanjay kumar, traffic, uttar pradesh, worth rs