Farm land inundated in Haryana’s YamunanagarJuly 15th, 2011 - 8:07 pm ICT by IANS
Yamunanagar (Haryana), July 15 (IANS) Several acres of agricultural land and various villages in this Haryana district have been flooded due to incessant rainfall in the upper reaches of Shivalik hills and in various parts of the state, officials said Friday.
According to the district administration officials, the flood waters have entered into the territory of nearly 10 villages and several acres of agriculture land has been inundated.
“It had rained heavily in Yamunanagar since Thursday. Besides, rain water is also flowing down from the mountains causing a spate in the rivers passing through this district. Som and Pathrala rivers are flowing near the danger mark and the worst-affected area is Bilaspur sub-division,” Yamunanagar Deputy Commissioner Ashok Sanghwan told IANS Friday.
“However, we are keeping an eye on every development. We are repairing the bridges and ready to face any kind of emergency situation,” he added.
The most affected villages in Yamunanagar district were Kathgarh, Rampur, Adibadri, Mahndipur and Bamnoli.
Meanwhile, Met officials have predicted heavy rainfall in different parts of Haryana in the next two days.
Around 30 people were killed in various districts of Haryana and Punjab in the floods in 2010.
- Rivulets overflow in Haryana's Yamunanagar, villages submerged - Aug 01, 2010
- Floodwaters recede in Haryana district - Aug 02, 2010
- Yamuna sees maximum discharge in 32 years (Lead) - Sep 20, 2010
- Flood threat again looms over Haryana - Sep 20, 2010
- Fresh breach in Yamuna poses flood threat to Haryana - Sep 23, 2010
- More Yamuna water headed towards Delhi - Sep 08, 2010
- Haryana battling floods, releases more water in Yamuna (Lead) - Sep 10, 2010
- Yamuna waters flood 30 Haryana villages - Sep 09, 2010
- Villages inundated in Haryana as Yamuna overflows banks (Second Lead) - Sep 10, 2010
- Two highways, villages flooded in Haryana (Lead) - Sep 09, 2010
- Punjab, Haryana villages flooded as rivers rise alarmingly - Sep 10, 2010
- Flood waters start receding in Haryana areas - Sep 21, 2010
- Punjab, Haryana on alert as flood threat looms (Lead) - Aug 23, 2010
- Agricultural land flooded in Punjab - Jul 09, 2011
- Yamuna water level in Delhi to touch danger mark Thursday evening (Lead) - Sep 08, 2010
Tags: administration officials, agricultural land, agriculture land, ashok, bridges, danger mark, deputy commissioner, district administration, emergency situation, flood waters, floods, mountains, punjab, rain water, rainfall, rivers, shivalik hills, spate, state officials, upper reaches