Faridabad on high alert after bombing threatOctober 7th, 2008 - 11:47 pm ICT by IANS
Faridabad, Oct 7 (IANS) Security in this industrial city of Haryana, adjoining the national capital, was tightened Tuesday after the district administrative chief received a letter threatening that Delhi-type bombings could rock this city.The threat letter was received by the deputy commissioner Tuesday attributed to terror outfit Indian Mujahideen.
Police officials said security measures around this industrial city have been beefed up after the terror letter.
They said that the city has been divided into seven sectors in view of the security needs. Senior police and civil officials were themselves monitoring each sector.
They said the Haryana police have deputed bomb disposal squads with dog squads to patrol and keep a vigil at all the crowded places and sensitive areas of the city.
Police sources said videography of crowded and sensitive areas was being done.
Police personnel with automatic weapons were deployed at most places and hospitals, fire brigade, ambulances and other emergency services were being kept on alert.
“We are not taking the terror letter lightly. All security measures are in place,” an official of the district administration said.
- Republic Day: Security beefed up, traffic diversions announced - Jan 21, 2011
- Spurious medicines racket busted, three arrested (Lead) - Jul 16, 2011
- Police put on high alert after violence in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 18, 2012
- Ammonium nitrate used in Pune blasts: Patil (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Spurious drugs racket busted in Haryana - Jul 15, 2011
- Heavily fortified Delhi gears up for Republic Day - Jan 25, 2011
- Security beefed up in Ranchi after blast threat - Sep 22, 2011
- Low-intensity blast near Delhi High Court, no casualties (Intro Roundup) - May 25, 2011
- 5,000 cameras to monitor criminals in Haryana - Feb 01, 2011
- Delhi, adjoining states discuss security measures - Jul 14, 2011
- Bangladesh PM gets death threat from militants - Jan 06, 2011
- One week on, Mumbai attackers unknown - Jul 20, 2011
- 2008 Delhi blasts: memories linger, lessons yet to be learnt - Sep 13, 2012
- Centre to ensure Punjab, Haryana quota in Chandigarh posts - Jun 11, 2012
- Security beef-up in Delhi begins Monday ahead of R-Day - Jan 16, 2011