Farhan Akhtar doubly anxious for sister’s filmJanuary 5th, 2009 - 9:53 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 5 (IANS) Acting in “Rock On” was fun for Farhan Akhtar, but now it seems to have become a responsibility. The director-turned-actor says working in his sister’s directorial debut “Luck By Chance” is an extra challenge and he has to ensure its success.”I’m not looking at ‘Luck By Chance’ as an opportunity to further my career as an actor. It is my sister’s film and I am the producer. So it is very important for me to see ‘Luck By Chance’ work in totality,” Farhan told IANS.
Directed by Zoya Akhtar, the film also stars Hrithik Roshan and Konkana Sen Sharma and is scheduled for release in January-end.
The success of “Rock On!” has made Farhan the most promising debutant actor of 2008. As the encomiums flow in, he tries hard not to get affected by the praise.
To compound his woes, Farhan plays a struggling actor in “Luck By Chance”.
“In my first film, the unreleased ‘Fakir’, I played a member of a film unit. In ‘Rock On!’, I was a musician. Both were parts intrinsic to my personality. But the struggler in ‘Luck By Chance’ is someone I’ve seen outside.
“Every day these hopefuls wait outside buildings, by your car, at the foot of elevators and lifts, to get the attention of filmmakers. Every day they are prepared to be snubbed and humiliated. I’ve seen these guys’ humiliation and desperation, but not experienced them first-hand. There’s so much desperation to portray without making the character look in-your-face tragic.”
As a director, Farhan has hits like “Dil Chahta Hai”, “Lakshya” and “Don - The Chase Begins Again” to his credit.
- Farhan Akhtar to endorse watch brand Xylys - Oct 07, 2011
- The year Aamir, Farhan changed Bollywood creativity - Jul 26, 2011
- Farhan Akhtar to bond with Hrithik, Abhay in sister's film - Nov 28, 2009
- Farhan urges youth to vote - Jan 20, 2012
- I'm actually taller than Deepika, says Farhan Akhtar - May 17, 2009
- Farhan On Male Bonding - Nov 28, 2009
- B-Town showers love, birthday blessings on Farhan - Jan 09, 2012
- Ladakh trip makes Farhan nostalgic - Sep 02, 2012
- Friends eased pain when parents divorced: Farhan Akhtar (Interview) - Jul 22, 2011
- Sushant Singh Rajput in movie version of '3 Mistakes Of My Life'? - Apr 30, 2012
- 'Singh Is Kinng 2' happening for sure: Vipul Shah (Movie Snippets) - Nov 29, 2010
- Shabana Azmi's brother to direct Farhan Akhtar - Jan 18, 2011
- 'Ishkq In Paris' toughest film for Preity - Sep 12, 2012
- Farhan was the perfect choice for 'Luck By Chance': Zoya Akhtar (Interview) - Jan 20, 2009
- From director to actor, role reversal is in - Aug 30, 2012