Fans will love watching Kareena in ‘Agent Vinod’: SaifMarch 21st, 2012 - 3:02 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 21 (IANS) Saif Ali Khan says audiences should not come to see a real life couple together on-screen, but two actors in a film. He feels that fans are going to love his actress girlfriend Kareena Kapoor in “Agent Vinod” as she has come out of her comfort zone to work in the spy thriller.
Saif is happy that he pulled out Kareena out of her comfort zone in “Agent Vinod”.
“What’s interesting for me is to take an artist like her out of her comfort zone. She naturally prefers to do love stories and the kind of characters that she has played - like Geet and like the recent one with Imran Khan,” said Saif who is expected to marry Kareean by the end of this year.
“But to take her to action-adventure and a slightly edgy space the way Sriram Raghavan has presented her…I think it’s a great fun for her fans and for us to watch because it’s a different space and I think she has got a lot of screen presence. When you put her in a space like this, I think it’s fun and different. So, it’s a nice change,” he added.
This is Saif and Kareena’s third film together after “Tashan” and “Kurbaan” and none of them did well at the box office.
“People should never come to watch off screen couples on-screen. People should come to see two actors on screen. They should come to see a director’s film, they should come and watch the movie. What’s happening behind the camera is suppose to be by the way,” the 41-year-old said here in an interview.
“The problem is that what’s happening behind the scene comes on the foreground and becomes more important than anything else. Then people’s expectations change and that overshadows everything, which is why we thought it would be sensible to promote the film separately as actors,” he added.
Directed by Sriram Raghavan, “Agent Vinod” also stars Ram Kapoor, Shahbaz Khan, Prem Chopra among others and hits theatres Friday.
- Heroine not just for glamour in films: Sriram Raghavan - Mar 24, 2012
- U/A certificate for 'Agent Vinod' - Mar 14, 2012
- Will Saif's item number overshadow Kareena's 'mujra' - Mar 17, 2012
- It's tough to make Raghavan happy: Saif - Mar 19, 2012
- Saif plans 3D 'Agent Vinod' sequel - Mar 23, 2012
- 'Agent Vinod': Bollywood espionage genre comes of age (IANS Hindi Film Review) - Mar 24, 2012
- Need marketing, instant impact for success: Saif Ali Khan (Interview) - Mar 15, 2012
- Kareena looks good only with me: Saif - Jan 25, 2012
- 'Agent Vinod' collects Rs.10 crore on opening day - Mar 24, 2012
- Pakistan ban won't affect 'Agent Vinod' revenues: Saif - Mar 22, 2012
- 'Agent Vinod' complete, release date final, says director - Jan 04, 2012
- 'Agent Vinod' is complete Indian hero: Saif - Jan 26, 2012
- 'Agent Vinod' for masses: Saif - Jan 30, 2012
- Watch out 'Agent Vinod' for desi superspy flavour (IANS Preview) - Mar 19, 2012
- I'm lucky to get Saif as partner: Kareena Kapoor (Interview) - Aug 25, 2010
Tags: action adventure, audiences, comfort zone, different space, foreground, geet, imran khan, kareena kapoor, life couple, love stories, march 21, mumbai, prem chopra, raghavan, ram kapoor, saif ali khan, screen presence, shahbaz khan, spy thriller, tashan