Fan identified in Anzhi ‘urine-throwing’ incidentAugust 22nd, 2012 - 5:19 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, Aug 22 (IANS/RIA Novosti) A football fan who splashed liquid, reportedly urine, on Moroccan winger Mbark Boussoufa has been identified and his details given to prosecutors, the Russian Premier League’s security director Alexander Meitin said.
The incident occurred while Boussoufa’s Anzhi team were playing CSKA Moscow at the latter’s home ground of Arena Khimki earlier this month in a match which CSKA won 1-0.
Meitin had previously named the liquid as urine in reported comments.
“The person who emptied a cup of liquid on an Anzhi player has been identified,” Meitin said Tuesday.
“On video replay the moment has been traced when the cup of liquid was emptied and the person was identifiable. The first name and surname are known and all materials have been given by the stadium to the Khimki city prosecutor.”
Meitin declined to name the person in question, citing legal reasons.
Anzhi players were the victim of racist incidents on at least three occasions last season, with bananas thrown twice at left-back Roberto Carlos and once at defender Christopher Samba, both of whom are black.
Boussoufa moved to Anzhi last year from Belgian side Anderlecht.
The Amsterdam-born player has 27 caps for Morocco and has scored five times for the national team.
- Anzhi smash five past Alkmaar to qualify for Europa - Aug 31, 2012
- Anzhi stars upset at UEFA stadium ban: Boussoufa - Jul 12, 2012
- Anzhi grab narrow win over AZ - Aug 24, 2012
- Anzhi budget may harm Russian football: Wernbloom - Aug 09, 2012
- Roberto Carlos dropped from Anzhi Makhachkala squad - Mar 10, 2012
- Police investigate Anzhi terrorism claims - Aug 18, 2012
- Hiddink to coach Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala - Dec 21, 2011
- Dynamo drawn against Stuttgart in Europa League playoffs - Aug 10, 2012
- Zenit thrash Spartak 5-0 - Aug 11, 2012
- Russian basketball player's Olympic medal stolen - Aug 28, 2012
- Petrescu confirmed as Dynamo coach - Aug 17, 2012
- Capello signs for Russia - Jul 26, 2012
- Dynamo slump continues with defeat against Terek - Aug 19, 2012
- Eto'o a doubt for Anzhi: Hiddink - Aug 17, 2012
- CSKA Moscow land Aeroflot sponsorship deal - Jul 18, 2012
Tags: bananas, caps, city prosecutor, dg, football fan, khimki, match, mbark boussoufa, moroccan, morocco, moscow, premier league, prosecutors, racist incidents, replay, ria novosti, roberto carlos, samba, security director, winger