Family of five held for killing minorAugust 2nd, 2011 - 1:03 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 1 (IANS) A dispute over Rs.100 during a pilgrimage to Haridwar led to the murder of a minor here, police said Monday. Police arrested five of a family, including a minor, for the crime.
“Suresh, 45, a resident of Jahangirpuri in north Delhi, was arrested along with his 40-year-old wife, and his three sons - Prashant, 22, Raju, 22, and a 16-year-old minor near their house Sunday,” said a senior police officer.
Police said on Sunday they barged into their neighbour’s house and attacked Gyan Dass, his daughter and his two minor sons Hemant and Mohit - with knives and rods. “Mohit died during treatment and Gyan Dass and his daughter are recuperating,” said the officer.
During investigation, police found that there was altercation between Hemant, son of Gyan Dass, and the three children of Suresh - Prashant, Raju and the juvenile - over Rs.100 on their return to Delhi from Haridwar on July 17 which was resolved by some senior people.
Suresh, however, got furious over this and Sunday night along with family attacked them.
- Woman assaulted, raped by neighbour - Apr 03, 2011
- Four more held for air force employee's killing - Sep 11, 2012
- Man strangles landlord's two kids - Nov 22, 2011
- 13-year-old girl raped, accused held in Delhi - Mar 11, 2011
- Farmer, two sons held for killing daughter - Nov 29, 2011
- One killed over Rs.2,500 - Oct 25, 2011
- Youth held for shooting cop's son - Sep 16, 2011
- Man killed in accident - Oct 23, 2011
- Honour killing: Court upholds life term to father - Jun 29, 2010
- Youth beaten to death in West Delhi; 3 held - May 03, 2012
- MCD teachers racket busted, seven arrested - Feb 29, 2012
- Four of a family gunned down in Pakistan - Jan 15, 2012
- Armed robbers who targeted brothels arrested - Feb 29, 2012
- Minor held for burglary at PM's media adviser's home - Jun 30, 2011
- Delhi priest held for kidnapping, five minors rescued - Mar 04, 2011