Family moves court after being dropped from TV game showAugust 12th, 2008 - 11:11 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 12 (IANS) A family moved court asking for a stop on telecast of a game show after they were allegedly excluded from participation in the show without assigning any reason. A city court Tuesday issued notices to public broadcaster Prasar Bharti and producer of the show Doordarshan asking them to respond to the petition filed by Neelam Dwivedi, her husband Sanjeev and mother-in-law Rama Rani.
The family alleges that despite clearing two preliminary rounds, they were not invited to participate in the third round of the programme “Wheel Smart Shrimati III” to be telecast from Wednesday on Doordarshan National.
Dwivedi’s family had gone for audition at Meerut and was selected June 29 for the first round after Neelam answered 23 questions within stipulated three minutes.
Three days later, the producers told Neelam to come for the second qualifying round. The family also cleared the second round and was assured that they would be shortly asked to perform live in a Mumbai studio.
A few days later they received a phone call from Mumbai that they would be provided travel ticket for their participation in the shooting starting from July 23.
Meanwhile, they saw an advertisement in a local daily in which names of six contestants, who were to participate in Mumbai, were published. Their names were missing from the list and after that the producers did not contact them, the family alleged.
- Strike cripples AIR, Doordarshan operations in Kerala - Nov 23, 2010
- AIR, DD operations hit as employees strike work (Lead) - Nov 23, 2010
- 60 percent TV homes to watch Games ceremony: Doordarshan official - Oct 03, 2010
- Doordarshan, Akashvani employees defer proposed agitation - Dec 11, 2010
- Doordarshan, AIR employees call off three-day strike - Dec 11, 2010
- Prasar Bharati approves expansion of DD's DTH platform - Sep 06, 2011
- Prasar Bharti justifies deal on telecast of 2010 Commonwealth Games - Oct 25, 2010
- Item number in 'Joker' raises activist's heckles - Aug 23, 2012
- Asiad coloured Indian TV, now CWG to spur HDTV - Sep 27, 2010
- Amendments to Prasar Bharati Act, interim set-up likely (Lead) - Dec 23, 2010
- Doordarshan DTH platform expansion to benefit viewers - Jun 09, 2011
- Payment to SIS Live with ministry's approval, says Lalli (Lead) - Oct 25, 2010
- AIR, Doordarshan operations hit as employees strike - Nov 23, 2010
- Post-Lalli suspension, Prasar Bharati looks to interim set-up - Dec 22, 2010
- Shunglu Committee report: BJP demands action against guilty in CWG - Feb 01, 2011