Family held at gunpoint, robbed in east DelhiApril 2nd, 2008 - 11:25 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, April 2 (IANS) Two unidentified youths barged into a businessman’s house here Wednesday, tied his wife, five children and a domestic help at gunpoint and decamped with cash and jewellery worth Rs.7 million. The daylight robbery took place at Mohammed Sayeed’s house in Preet Vihar, barely 100 meters away from a police station, when he was not at home. Sayeed owns a radio cabinet manufacturing unit in Jhilmil Industrial Area.
The robbers ransacked the house and stole Rs.2 million cash, and gold and diamond jewellery worth Rs.5 million.
“We are trying to draw the sketch of the accused and teams have been fanned out to arrest them,” a police official said.
- Robbers loot Rs.3.9 mn from Delhi house - Nov 15, 2009
- Cash, jewellery worth Rs.3.5 lakh looted from Delhi house - Aug 03, 2009
- Two armed robberies in Delhi - Jun 17, 2011
- Jewellery worth Rs.14.5 lakh stolen from Delhi house - Jan 26, 2011
- Jeweller's house looted at gunpoint - Nov 30, 2011
- Delhi businessman robbed of Rs.1.5 mn - Aug 22, 2009
- Kamran Akmal's family robbed at gunpoint near Lahore home - Nov 15, 2010
- Rs.20 lakh robbery in Ghaziabad - May 15, 2010
- Assailants rob retired principal's house, 1 held - Apr 23, 2012
- West Delhi area rocked by four robberies in 90 minutes - Jan 10, 2011
- Rs.15 lakh robbed from Noida home - Apr 14, 2012
- Rs.52 lakh looted from home of Ghaziabad businessman - Jun 18, 2010
- Rs.40 lakh robbed from jeweller's house - Apr 07, 2011
- Cash, jewellery robbed from Noida house at gunpoint - Jun 03, 2010
- Rs.45 lakh burglary in Delhi - Jun 10, 2010