Family forced Saldana to learn drivingAugust 21st, 2011 - 2:05 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Aug 21 (IANS) American actress Zoe Saldana has confessed that she learnt driving after her family intervened.
“I was living in New York and I was lazy. And then I moved out here (to Los Angeles) five years ago to do a small movie called ‘Avatar’. I had a driver that would take me to set and to all my classes,” dailystar.co.uk quoted the 33-year-old as saying.
“But once I stopped filming the movie, I was relying on the kindness of all my family and friends to take me to the supermarket. Then they got tired of it and I went to the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). And I got my license.
“I’m like (calling) my mum, my sisters, ‘What are you doing? I gotta go shopping! I’m out of toilet paper, can somebody please…?’ And they would come and after a while they had an intervention. They’re like, ‘Zoe, enough is enough. You’re gonna be 30 soon and we can’t drive you forever!’ So they drove me to the DMV, they taught me how to drive,” she added.
- Saldana upset over Vartan's kissing objection - Aug 26, 2011
- Mark Wahlberg misses marijuana days - Jul 02, 2012
- 'Avatar' left Zoe Saldana exhausted - Aug 10, 2011
- Saldana finds ballet difficult - Apr 28, 2012
- I didn't suffer breakdown after 'Avatar': Zoe Saldana - Aug 28, 2011
- I'm not a pink girl: Saldana - May 15, 2012
- Zoe Saldana 'comes out' about her love life - Jun 03, 2010
- Zoe Saldana desperate for kids - Apr 29, 2012
- Charlize Theron restarts dog collection - Dec 16, 2011
- I still speak to mom, says Houston's daughter - Mar 14, 2012
- I miss sex in movies: Saldana - May 13, 2010
- Zoe Saldana ends 11-year relationship - Nov 15, 2011
- Elton John want Timberlake for his biopic - Jan 04, 2012
- Underwood advises Cyrus to have long engagement - Jun 11, 2012
- Zoe Buckman & David Schwimmer are expecting their first baby - Dec 24, 2010