Family disputes autopsy report of Malaysian Tamil girlMarch 23rd, 2008 - 3:07 pm ICT by admin
Kuala Lumpur, March 23 (IANS) The family of a Malaysian Tamil girl, who died after shooting practice, has disputed the post-mortem report that says lung-inflammation and heart-related problems were the cause of death. R. Balamma, 18, was healthy, but had been complaining of chest pain after returning from shooting lessons as part of the national service training in Malacca March 11. She died Friday at her home in Senawang town.
“My sister was a healthy girl. I hope the authorities would correctly establish her cause of death because it does not make sense,” said Kanagaram, her brother.
Balamma, a former student of SM Dato’ Shamsudin Nain, was the youngest of four orphaned siblings.
According to Kanagaram, 36, his sister complained of pains the day she began shooting lessons.
“She said whenever she fired a shot, the impact caused her chest pains. We suspect that she must have suffered internal injuries that eventually caused her death,” he said.
Senawang assemblyman P. Gunasekaren said the family could take legal action against the authorities if Balamma’s death was due to negligence.
Fellow trainees at the camp in Ayer Keroh who attended her funeral Saturday verified her story, Kanagaram said.
“I was told that she was referred to a doctor at the camp but he just gave her two days of light duty leave. She should have had her x-ray taken,” he said.
Former Temiang legislator Lee Yuen Fong, who also attended the funeral, disagreed with Balamma’s family.
“All I can say is that the shooting training had nothing to do with her death,” he said.
- Lisa Blount dies at the age of 53 years - Oct 28, 2010
- A beautiful life melted away in an acid attack (With Images) - Jul 13, 2012
- Nusrat Bhutto was woman of dignity, courage: Daily - Oct 24, 2011
- Kelly Osbourne frightened by Amy's death - Aug 03, 2011
- Most cardiac deaths in India preventable: Expert - Sep 24, 2011
- Girl who stabbed father gets joint funeral - Oct 09, 2010
- Police Start Investigation After Buttocks Enhancement Injection Leads To Woman's Death - Feb 10, 2011
- Sip of death leaves families bereft of hope - Dec 15, 2011
- Amy Winehouse Hospitalized After Drunken Fall - Apr 28, 2010
- Fan 'in dreamland' after meeting Shah Rukh Khan - Feb 17, 2011
- Tia Sharp's Grandmother Vows to Turn Up At Her Funeral - Sep 15, 2012
- Kidney transplant patients with low physical activity 'likely to die early' - Mar 06, 2011
- Noor Jahan being remembered today on her 10th anniversary - Dec 23, 2010
- Heart patient? Here's how to deal with World Cup madness - Apr 01, 2011
- Lindsay's father hospitalised after chest pain - Feb 01, 2011