Fame is disgusting: Kate PerryApril 6th, 2012 - 5:50 pm ICT by IANS
London, April 6 (IANS) Singer Katy Perry finds fame disgusting and says she is sick of being in the public eye.
The 27-year-old loves her job, but hates the exposure that comes with it.
“I am tired of being famous already! But I’m not tired of creating. Fame is, I think, just a disgusting by-product of what I do,” she told teenvogue.com. “It’s quite a delicate creature. It can love you, and then it can attack you.”
Perry insists she wants fans to see her as a normal person.
“I still want to be as approachable and relatable as possible. When I meet fans and they’re crying, I’ll say, ‘Calm down, there’s nothing to cry about. I’m not going to bite you or attack you or grant you three wishes. Let’s just hang out and have a good time’,” she said.
“But really, I stopped focusing on what other people think a while ago. If you try to be everything to everyone, you’ll only end up completely confused,” she added.
- Madonna inspires Katy Perry's 3D movie - Apr 09, 2012
- Perry wants kids with Russell - Nov 12, 2011
- Selena Gomez receives death threats after kissing Justin Bieber - Jan 04, 2011
- Katy Perry now a computer game character - Jan 18, 2012
- How Russell Brand fell in love with Katy Perry - Sep 22, 2010
- Robin Williams hates ferrets - Dec 23, 2011
- Katy Perry finds comfort in ex-boyfriend - Feb 05, 2012
- Selena Gomez wants duet with Cheryl Cole - Nov 15, 2010
- Katy Perry wants to be wooed - Aug 02, 2012
- Cole admires Perry - Jun 22, 2012
- Russell Brand files for divorce from Katy Perry - Dec 31, 2011
- Katy Perry is changing her name to ‘Katy Brand’ - Dec 09, 2010
- Perry accused of copying Gaga - Apr 02, 2011
- Brooke Shields wants more kids - Dec 04, 2011
- Pop singers are not shallow: Katy Perry - Mar 20, 2012