Fake visa racket unearthed, two heldMarch 21st, 2008 - 12:09 am ICT by admin
New Delhi, March 20 (IANS) Two people have been arrested in the capital for allegedly duping nearly 20 people, from Haryana and Punjab, to the tune of Rs.800,000 ($19,822) each by promising them visas of the US, Britain and other countries, the police said Thursday. Vishal Bakshi, 35, and Parminder Singh Walia, 29, were arrested from west Delhi’s Tilak Nagar area Wednesday for duping the people, who were desperate to go abroad.
Fake visa documents, passports, scanners, printers and a computer installed with visa preparing software were recovered from them.
The police said most of their victims were from Punjab, Haryana and Delhi.
“The accused would download vacancies of various companies of Canada and Australia from internet and then contact people who wanted to go abroad. They prepared fake demand letters of foreign companies and lured their victims to give money for visa and other expenses,” Deputy Commissioner of Police (Crime) Anil Shukla said.
“After receiving the money from clients, the accused would give them a bag containing fake visa papers and other employment documents. At airports, the accused would replace the bag with an identical one on some pretext,” Shukla added.
When a victim appeared before officials for flight clearance, he would realise the bag has been changed. The accused then would ask the victims to lodge a report of missing documents and advise them to approach the police to obtain duplicate passports, the police added.
- Chandigarh Police arrest two for tourist visa fraud - Nov 21, 2011
- Three arrested for human trafficking - Sep 16, 2011
- Major immigration fraud uncovered in Punjab - Jul 03, 2011
- Four booked for immigration fraud - Jul 08, 2011
- Immigration racket busted in Punjab, 1,200 passports recovered - Jun 21, 2011
- Travel agency dupes 90 youths of Rs.2.5 crore, two held - May 31, 2010
- Inter-state gang of vehicle thieves busted, three held - Apr 05, 2011
- Chandigarh immigration firm under police scanner - Aug 21, 2011
- Man arrested for duping youth - Sep 29, 2011
- Man held for overseas job racket - Feb 17, 2011
- Five arrested for fake visa-passport racket (Lead) - Feb 17, 2012
- Two people held for running visa racket - Sep 24, 2010
- Four nabbed for duping railway job seekers - Aug 25, 2012
- Man arrested for duping hundreds across India - Oct 15, 2011
- Promising Canada journey, Punjab couple duped siblings of Rs.2 mn - Feb 13, 2011