Fake Reebok products seized, two arrestedNovember 23rd, 2011 - 11:18 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 23 (IANS) Two men who were running a thriving business selling fake Reebok products including shoes, and sunglasses was arrested and goods worth Rs.2 crore seized from them, police said Wednesday.
Ashish, 25 was arrested Nov 18 from west Delhi’s Nangloi area while his partner Varun Malik, 23 was arrested Nov 21 from the old city.
The police had received a complaint Nov 18 from Reebok International Limited that the accused had a tele-marketing company that had been selling fake Reebok products.
“We conducted a raid at their office and warehouse in Nangloi and Lajpat Rai market (central Delhi) and the counterfeit products worth Rs.2 crore were recovered. While Ashish was arrested on the spot, co-accused Darshan Singh is still at large,” said a police official.
According to police, the accused sold the fake products mixed with original products and advertisements were made on TV channels and leading newspapers offering Reebok products and other household products at a discount.
“The company was running a call center in west Delhi’s Pitampura and more than 70 callers were employed. The company has a pan India coverage with more than 300 employees,” said the official.
Police have recovered 1,096 fake sunglasses, 928 bags, 129 t-shirts, 2, 495 wrist watches among other goods.
- Security firm employee held for ATM thefts in Delhi - May 30, 2012
- Spurious medicines racket busted, three arrested (Lead) - Jul 16, 2011
- Man arrested for selling fake Tata salt, tea - May 30, 2011
- Two arrested, drugs worth over Rs.62 lakh seized - May 07, 2011
- Fake visa racket busted, three held - Nov 24, 2010
- Friend murdered Delhi engineer for ransom, buried body (Lead) - Apr 06, 2012
- Delhi engineer was murdered for ransom, body found - Apr 06, 2012
- Two arrested for selling fake medicines - Aug 26, 2011
- Two men held with fake auto products - Jan 14, 2012
- Two arrested for selling fake gold biscuits in Delhi - May 10, 2012
- Five held for cheating finance company - Jan 31, 2012
- Interstate narcotic syndicate busted in Delhi - Mar 10, 2012
- Nigerian arrested with cocaine in Delhi - May 18, 2012
- 30,000 pirated CDs seized, two held - Dec 29, 2010
- One held with drugs - Nov 08, 2011
Tags: ashish, call center, central delhi, counterfeit products, crore, darshan singh, household products, malik, marketing company, New Delhi, original products, pitampura, police official, rai, reebok international, tele marketing, thriving business, tv channels, west delhi, wrist watches