Fake medicines worth $30 mn seized in ChinaNovember 1st, 2011 - 9:01 am ICT by IANS
Beijing, Nov 1 (IANS) Fake medicines worth 190 million yuan (around $29.9 million) have been seized in a Chinese province, police said.
The seizure was made in central China’s Henan province while investigating an illegal drug production and sale network, Xinhua reported.
Authorities stormed 117 counterfeit drug production sites, seized over 65 million counterfeit medicine bottles and arrested 114 people.
The public security bureau of Kaifeng city said officials discovered the network with clues from a theft case in which a woman used fake medicines to replace genuine ones while pretending to make a purchase at a drug store in April.
- China busts multi-million-dollar fake drugs racket - Nov 29, 2011
- Fake items worth over $300 mn seized in China - Nov 17, 2011
- China jails eight for selling fake sex pills - Nov 09, 2011
- 96 Chinese held in fake medicine racket - Nov 30, 2011
- Napkin counterfeit ring smashed - Aug 22, 2012
- Fake currency worth over $18 mn seized in China - Jul 23, 2012
- China busts counterfeit drug racket - Dec 30, 2011
- 1,900 held in China fake drug racket - Aug 05, 2012
- China cracks 28,000 IPR violation cases - Nov 06, 2011
- 18,500 bottles of fake vodka destroyed in China - Apr 24, 2012
- Counterfeit, fake and smuggled goods impacting 'Brand India' (Comment) - Jul 08, 2012
- China customs seizes 4,500 fake items - Apr 22, 2011
- 30,000 bottles of fake vodka seized in Russia - Jun 27, 2012
- Over 400 held, fake notes seized in China - Jul 22, 2012
- New tagging method can track fake goods, explosives - Jan 16, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,