Fake marksheet scam busted in LucknowMay 21st, 2009 - 10:10 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, May 21 (IANS) Police in Lucknow Thursday said they had busted a gang involved in making fake mark-sheets and degrees, with the arrest of three people, including a woman.
The arrests were made late Thursday evening in the Aliganj area of the state capital.
Inspector Kalyan Singh of the Ashiana police station told IANS that they had got information about the gang, involved in preparing forged high school, intermediate, and BA and B.Sc mark-sheets and degrees, and deputed a constable to investigate the matter.
Constable Narendra stuck a deal with the gang leader Suresh Singh, who provided him with a B.A. degree of Lucknow University for Rs.3,000, the inspector added.
Those arrested were identified as Neelam Srivastava, Prabhat Kumar and Nagendra Mishra. However, the gang leader managed to escape and the police has formed a team to arrest him.
“We were shocked to see the number of fake mark-sheets, degrees (over 50 kg) and high-end computer, scanning and printing equipment,” Singh added.
- Fake degree racket busted, two held - Jun 24, 2011
- Five arrested for selling fake Jamia degrees - Aug 06, 2011
- Fake degrees racket busted, three held - Sep 17, 2011
- Fake degree racket busted - May 21, 2011
- Four arrested in fake admission racket in Ramjas - Dec 15, 2011
- Forged marksheets submitted for college admissions - Jul 14, 2009
- Three more pilots under scanner for fake licence - Apr 12, 2011
- Arms smuggler held with 18 pistols - Sep 12, 2011
- Massive security for 2013 Allahabad Kumbh Mela - Jun 19, 2012
- Man held 14 years after using forged mark sheet - Sep 13, 2012
- Fake pilot scam: Delhi Police issues lookout notice against four persons - Mar 28, 2011
- Two more held in fake pilot scam - Apr 05, 2011
- Five held with fake currency in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 07, 2010
- All roads to UP Raj Bhavan barricaded - Mar 06, 2012
- Man held with counterfeit currency - Nov 05, 2011