Fake doctor arrested for stealing mobile phonesAugust 12th, 2012 - 1:19 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 11 (IANS) With his dreams of becoming a doctor and leading a lavish life shattered by financial constraints, this Delhi resident posed as a “doctor” at two leading government hospitals here and stole 21 cell phones of doctors until he was arrested.
Amandeep Singh, 23 a resident of Tagore Garden in west Delhi was arrested Friday along with his associate Jitender, 22, a resident of Shahdara in east Delhi, said police Saturday.
Fluent in English, he posed as a junior resident in Safdarjung hospital and All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), stole mobiles and handed them over to Jitender who sold them.
Amandeep was finally caught when a senior doctor at Safdarjung hospital suspecting him of the thefts, checked his records and informed police.
“Amandeep had big dreams and wanted to become a doctor to lead a lavish life. But his family couldn’t afford his education and he dropped his studies after class 12,” said a police official.
He got a job with a private company in south Delhi but was not satisfied with his low salary and started committing thefts. He was arrested in 2009 and was released in December 2011.
Hunting for a job, he reached Safdarjung hospital and instead decided to steal the mobile phones and valuables of doctors by posing as a doctor himself.
He then stole a coat and stethoscope and started roaming the corridors of the two hospital hunting for valuables.
- Former boyfriend arrested for Delhi woman's murder - May 17, 2011
- Man steals Rs.10 lakh from Delhi office, held - Aug 06, 2012
- Former bus driver arrested for robbery - Jan 21, 2011
- MBA student lured young women -- to rob them - May 11, 2011
- Mobile phone snatcher arrested - Mar 13, 2011
- Man held for robbing train passengers, patients - May 21, 2011
- Man shoots himself over failed love affair - Oct 13, 2011
- Man held for around 50 robberies - Sep 17, 2011
- Man arrested for thefts at marriage functions - Dec 07, 2010
- Police nab criminal who fled custody - Jan 10, 2012
- Man arrested for killing borrower - Mar 10, 2011
- Former bank staff held for fraud - Nov 07, 2011
- Man held for trading in stolen laptops, mobiles - Jul 11, 2010
- Delhi man given life term for killing neighbour - Apr 12, 2011
- Son arrested for killing father over property dispute - Jun 26, 2012
Tags: aiims, all india institute of medical sciences, becoming a doctor, corridors, east delhi, fake doctor, financial constraints, government hospitals, hunting, india institute, lavish life, mobile phones, New Delhi, police official, private company, salary, south delhi, stethoscope, valuables, west delhi