Fake currency unit busted in BiharApril 26th, 2011 - 3:59 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, April 26 (IANS) Three people have been arrested in the Bihar capital for running a fake currency unit and circulating counterfeit notes, police said Tuesday.
Police arrested Pradip Bose, mastermind behind the fake currency unit and two others early Tuesday after raids at several places in Jakkanpur and Kankarbagh localities here, police said.
Police also recovered 14 fake notes of Rs.1,000 denomination, a copier, scanner, printer, unfinished fake currency notes and ink.
Police suspect that a big racket was behind running the fake currency unit in Patna. “Police have begun investigation,” Patna Superintendent of Police Shivdip Lande said.
- Fake currency unit busted, three held - Jan 10, 2011
- Three held in Punjab for circulating fake currency - Oct 30, 2010
- Fake currency racket busted in Delhi, one held (Lead) - Jan 14, 2011
- Counterfeit currency: Former defence official arrested - Jun 13, 2011
- Man arrested for faking currency - Jan 14, 2011
- Counterfeit currency racket busted in Delhi - Sep 25, 2010
- Five held with fake currency in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 07, 2010
- Fake currency racket busted in Mizoram, three arrested - Jan 05, 2010
- Man held with counterfeit currency - Nov 05, 2011
- Two Bangladeshis held for circulating counterfeit notes - Feb 20, 2011
- Fake currency gang busted, three arrested - Mar 07, 2011
- Two held in Uttar Pradesh with fake currency notes - Oct 12, 2010
- Three held for circulating fake currency (Lead) - Apr 03, 2010
- Two youths held with fake currency - May 01, 2010
- Three held with fake currency worth Rs.1 lakh - Nov 18, 2011