Fake currency racket busted in Madhya PradeshMarch 21st, 2008 - 6:12 pm ICT by admin
Bhopal, March 21 (IANS) A fake currency racket has been busted here with the arrest of a man and a woman, the police said Friday. “We have recovered Rs.45,000 in fake currency notes of the denomination of Rs.500. While 60 Rs.500 notes have been recovered from Shahnaz, her accomplice Shakeel Khan possessed the remaining 30 currency notes,” Bhopal Superintendent of Police Jaideep Prasad told IANS.
Shahnaz has confessed to being in the business of fake currency notes in association with her brother-in-law Mehboob, a resident of Jabalpur district. She, however, said she did not know from where Mehboob received the fake currency notes.
The police said the fake currency notes prima facie appear to have been produced with the help of a scanner. Mehboob has criminal history in Jabalpur district and a police squad is being sent to arrest him.
- Fake currency unit busted in Bihar - Apr 26, 2011
- Three held with fake currency in Rajasthan's Bharatpur - Jul 02, 2012
- Fake currency racket busted in Mizoram, three arrested - Jan 05, 2010
- Three held in Punjab for circulating fake currency - Oct 30, 2010
- Man held with counterfeit currency - Nov 05, 2011
- Fake Indian currency recovered, three held - Mar 18, 2012
- Man arrested for faking currency - Jan 14, 2011
- Punjab Police arrest two in fake currency scam - Jul 28, 2010
- Two held in Himachal, fake currency seized - Oct 11, 2010
- Fake currency unit busted, three held - Jan 10, 2011
- Fake currency seized in Rajasthan - Jun 16, 2012
- Fake currency notes racket busted in Bangalore - Jul 16, 2010
- Counterfeit currency: Former defence official arrested - Jun 13, 2011
- Two arrested with fake currency - Feb 04, 2011
- Bangladeshi in fake currency racket nabbed in Bengal - Feb 17, 2012